Any Ideas?..... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Any Ideas?.....

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
On how to remove or improve this? It’s looking permanent to me......it’s a white wool wall to wall carpet in a bedroom. Woman told me ash from an incense dropped on it and she and her daughter proceeded to hit it with everything but and under the kitchen sink........ a little resolve....lil Tide stick....but she said it turned orange when she applied white vinegar and dish soap. I cleaned a basement the proceeded to rinse it out with water. Then I applied a neutral cleaner then rinsed again. Improved a hair but that’s it...... I may go back next week and try something. I will say that I got no transfer ont a white towel at any point so I’m thinking chemical burn???? Or permanent

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
E76570C1-7551-42B2-9755-6CDE76DBA085.jpeg
DFC3038A-1866-4CB1-811E-E3E677000099.jpeg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Looks like it may have some color loss around the outside of it. I agree try the reducer first and see if any reaction or transfer. After rinsing well peroxide and some cellophane covering for a few hours. Good luck and let us know what works or doesn't.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
On how to remove or improve this? It’s looking permanent to me......it’s a white wool wall to wall carpet in a bedroom. Woman told me ash from an incense dropped on it and she and her daughter proceeded to hit it with everything but and under the kitchen sink........ a little resolve....lil Tide stick....but she said it turned orange when she applied white vinegar and dish soap. I cleaned a basement the proceeded to rinse it out with water. Then I applied a neutral cleaner then rinsed again. Improved a hair but that’s it...... I may go back next week and try something. I will say that I got no transfer ont a white towel at any point so I’m thinking chemical burn???? Or permanent
I suspect it's permanent. I looked up the msds for Tide Stick and was surprised that it is made from some type of H202 and alcohol. I suspect the Tide Stick is a fairly strong oxidizer that should not have been used on wool carpet or other natural fibers. Then to top it off she also puts Resolve, then adds vinegar to the mix. If you're good at doing a patch I'd suggest go to that next. I don't think you're going to magically reverse it. My guess, she's jacked her carpet up and only a patch might help at least make it look less noticeable.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I suspect it's permanent. I looked up the msds for Tide Stick and was surprised that it is made from some type of H202 and alcohol. I suspect the Tide Stick is a fairly strong oxidizer that should not have been used on wool carpet or other natural fibers. Then to top it off she also puts Resolve, then adds vinegar to the mix. If you're good at doing a patch I'd suggest go to that next. I don't think you're going to magically reverse it. My guess, she's jacked her carpet up and only a patch might help at least make it look less noticeable.
Thanks. I’m gonna try to reduce it and that will be that for me.....I suggested a patch already but I think the reducer is worth a shot

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Looks like it may have some color loss around the outside of it. I agree try the reducer first and see if any reaction or transfer. After rinsing well peroxide and some cellophane covering for a few hours. Good luck and let us know what works or doesn't.
No, No NO Reducer!!

I think you mean Oxidizer

Reactions: wandwizard

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I Agree Oxidizers are harmful on wool when used at low levels they wont cause harm. You really should use caution