Any help would b nice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Any help would b nice

Discussion in 'Hard Surface Care' started by M4sT3R T3CH, Sep 13, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. M4sT3R T3CH

M4sT3R T3CH Active Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Carpet Tech
    Topeka
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    Ok so i went on vacation last week and my techs did a ceramic tile job. They ran into some rust and decided T rust would take care of it. Well it left a white residue after it dried and i was going to see what i should reclean it with. When i tried using a towel amd water it went away but as it dried it came back. There is also some hazing that took place i believe due to pre spray drying. We use viper venom powder with citrus solv. Thanks.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
    Carpet Tech
    Topeka
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    I should also mention they wanted the tile cleaned due to a water loss situation. This is where the rust came from.

3. AZStoneguy

AZStoneguy Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +738 / 2 / -0
    Hopefully they have additional tiles. You will probably need to replace that one. Most rust removers contain ammonium biflouride, these will damage glass, ceramic, porcelain, granite.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +25,893 / 58 / -0
    I learned that lesson the hard way many years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +738 / 2 / -0
    Next time use Barkeepers Friend

• Like Like x 1
  6. M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
    Carpet Tech
    Topeka
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    So no hope then? It looked a little better after i went back and wiped them down. Any chance the bar keepers friend will help? And where can i find it?

7. AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +738 / 2 / -0
    The tile is likely etched permanently. Barkeepers friend will remove the rust though. It's worth a shot. Depot, lowes, Walmart, target, basically any store that sells cleaning products. Get the cream version.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SAA

SAA Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Instructor - Precision Cleaning & Carpet Repair
    NC
    Ratings:
    +2,947 / 3 / -0
    Try a Vapor Steamer, may not work but through the years I removed a lot of odd stains and marks on tile.
    In Florida, a large retirement center was replacing tile to the tune of 7-8 K per unit due to stains and haze, we demoed how a vapor steamer would remove it and did a nice amount of work. Made money and saved them a bunch.

You never know what could happen when you think outside of the box.

SAA

• Like Like x 5
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Dafloorman

Dafloorman Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +1,628 / 7 / -0
    That grout needs some serious Color Sealing.

10. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,439 / 7 / -0
    in a last ditch effort I would get a really really fine sand paper and with water wet sand that tile very carefull and see if you can blend the etching out a bit.

I had to do this on some slate that was streaked by our spinner, on slate with butchers block oil I was able to completely fix the problem thankfully

Im not sure how it will work on ceramic but I would at least try before replacing it for them, again as a last resort

• Like Like x 3
  11. M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
    Carpet Tech
    Topeka
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    Well its not getting replaced. The floor is over 30 yrs old. In fact the clients didnt bring the issue up. I did as i was back in doing some carpet cleaning . I just know i can get that floor looking better. I wanted to pick your brains before i schedule another cleaning. Thanks for all the input.