Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
typical dingy traffic lone.

6 month old, like new , except this one area, and in front of a window of course.
Long time custy., who does not blow smoke up rear side.!!LOL
Yes , it was an eviction, but they got rid of her berfore it got bad. Unit was overall in great shape. As far as carpet, just a few minor ink spots in Brs. But, like new.
Much better quality poly than usual in rentals. Denser, and more face fiber. But , still the dingy traffic lane.
Scrubbed , using both RSF Spiked, , then again using BP traffic slam /with Csolve.
green pad.
Pic does not do the area justice.
no pile distortion/crushing at all.

Attachments

• 20180816_154825[1].jpg
    20180816_154825[1].jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 375
Reactions: Luky

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
typical dingy traffic lone.

6 month old, like new , except this one area, and in front of a window of course.
Long time custy., who does not blow smoke up rear side.!!LOL
Yes , it was an eviction, but they got rid of her berfore it got bad. Unit was overall in great shape. As far as carpet, just a few minor ink spots in Brs. But, like new.
Much better quality poly than usual in rentals. Denser, and more face fiber. But , still the dingy traffic lane.
Scrubbed , using both RSF Spiked, , then again using BP traffic slam /with Csolve.
green pad.
Pic does not do the area justice.
no pile distortion/crushing at all.
I would have went to GM straight, strong on the traffic lanes. Acid rinse. Maybe try the brush on the 175 for the lanes too.

Fuggin nuke it!

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I would have went to GM straight, strong on the traffic lanes. Acid rinse. Maybe try the brush on the 175 for the lanes too.

Fuggin nuke it!
I haven't used the brush since trying the green pad a la Jeff.
I always nuke em. Just nothing seems to really do the trick. I have some GM but keep forgetting to add it to the brew when pre-scrubbing!!
This one, only that small area needed anything more than a spritz of anything.

Reactions: Allied

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I haven't used the brush since trying the green pad a la Jeff.
I always nuke em. Just nothing seems to really do the trick. I have some GM but keep forgetting to add it to the brew when pre-scrubbing!!
This one, only that small area needed anything more than a spritz of anything.
Rick I see the pic, ive seen this a thousand times, usually after extracting ill throw on a clean dry bonnet and bonnet that area till the carpet starts going back to normal,, the pad will get hot and heat up the carpet and it will straighten up then rake it and leave it.... Youll never get it too 100% but you can get it to 90% back to shape... Call me I can explain it better on the phone 281-413-5961

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
wonder if its the different soil composition you guys have in your area?

we run into the really sh!tty polys sometimes that are the same material as a bath mat from wal mart, except install over entire rooms.. but they always clean up with a nuked pre spray

you can always see the obvious fibers missing in the wear patterns but it comes out looking clean and same color as the untouched areas

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Rick I see the pic, ive seen this a thousand times, usually after extracting ill throw on a clean dry bonnet and bonnet that area till the carpet starts going back to normal,, the pad will get hot and heat up the carpet and it will straighten up then rake it and leave it.... Youll never get it too 100% but you can get it to 90% back to shape... Call me I can explain it better on the phone 281-413-5961
thanks Jeff.

I know what you mean, but in this case, the carpet was not flattened out/matted at all. No distortion. JUst that area that had the slightly brown/yellow cast.
I told them that grey carpet tends to
show the soil a little more . (not that there was any soil left by the time I got done.)
I did not in this case throw a dry bonnet on my 175 to see if anything else comes off. But often I do, and usually(actully always, but that is a lot to claim!!!) the bonnet/bonnets come up completely clean. JUst a little damp. Mostly, this is for my own peace of mind , that I did a good clean.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
wonder if its the different soil composition you guys have in your area?

we run into the really sh!tty polys sometimes that are the same material as a bath mat from wal mart, except install over entire rooms.. but they always clean up with a nuked pre spray

you can always see the obvious fibers missing in the wear patterns but it comes out looking clean and same color as the untouched areas

This place does a parking lot, with sometimes leaky spots.
But what bugs me is this carpet was like new, and a better grade than in most rentals. No crushing anywhere, even from furniture, walkway from the front door etc.. Just that one small area, in a real noticable spot under the front window.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Was it P E T type poly?

Those too are a problem
Not sure. I know , not nylon. It was a new carpet(to them), that they are trying. Soft hand, a lot like nylon.
They were told chems would not hurt it.
Highly doubt that it is solution dyed nylon, Too pricey.
Last one like this, but much worse, as the one area was reallly really bad, with the rest being like new. I did the same . 175 scrubbed the bad area , flushed , flushed scrubbed again, with all the reccommended stuff. Several times.
Had to go back to stretch in the liv room. , as they did some floor repairs. So I got to look at the back, where it told PET !!!!!!
I started a thread with pics they as wel.