Another Chemistry Quiz

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I have moved away from using chemical in the solution line. I treated myself to a RotoVac 360i for on the Black Friday special. This week will be it's trial run. Hopefully that will give me better agitation.
BRUSH HEAD!!!!!!!
I have had origial RV 2 head for years.
Had an opportunity to grab the RV withbrush head. Really kicks but. But I do not like needing two hands to run it.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I took the 360 for it's trial run. I really like it. It pulled a little sort of like when you are using a floor machine and don't have enough liquid on the floor. I was very happy, but I'm still trying to get to a point where the traffic pattern isn't such a problem. Overall the carpet was clean but I would still like to get those traffic patterns cleaner. It's hard to tell if its dirt or we've reached a point where the finish is worn off the carpet.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
BRUSH HEAD!!!!!!!
I have had origial RV 2 head for years.
Had an opportunity to grab the RV withbrush head. Really kicks but. But I do not like needing two hands to run it.

I ordered mine with the 4 jet head as an upgrade and also the brush head. I understood the brush head to be for commercial carpet. Do you use it on residential?

Reactions: CCWorks

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I ordered mine with the 4 jet head as an upgrade and also the brush head. I understood the brush head to be for commercial carpet. Do you use it on residential?
Most certainly.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I took the 360 for it's trial run. I really like it. It pulled a little sort of like when you are using a floor machine and don't have enough liquid on the floor. I was very happy, but I'm still trying to get to a point where the traffic pattern isn't such a problem. Overall the carpet was clean but I would still like to get those traffic patterns cleaner. It's hard to tell if its dirt or we've reached a point where the finish is worn off the carpet.
Type of carpet you are having issues with. ?? If those PETs that are being pushed on the public, not a lot more you can do.
What those products such as CTI's Dinge Away are supposed to provide some help with. Not soil but the carpet fiber being abraded, distorted.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Some low-face-weight tufted carpets, particularly the frieze that's so popular in this area, can "blossom out" very quickly. The tops of the tufts frizz out from even simple vacuuming if the customer has an aggressive beater bar.

This makes the area look darker because it's reflecting light back to the eye in a scattered and disorganized way.

A simple way to tell is to "grin" the fibers (part them and look at the backing) - if there's no visible soil on the backing, and a damp white towel shows no soil after patting or blotting the carpet, then likely what you're seeing in those traffic areas is damage, not dirt.

The 360i is a fantastic tool, but be wary of doing damage with those brush heads. You can blossom a tufted carpet in no time at all if you let it run too dry or for too long in one place.

Reactions: Rick J

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I've been lying low in the colder weather but I've taken the truck out a few times. It might need a little tweaking but it's doing much better. I expect to start hitting it hard come March and I'll update again.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
If https://shop.truckmountforums.com is your store try kleenrite klenz. I always had good results with it. Of course jon don is going to steer you in direction of matrix products. I only used their matrix miracle which i really liked. Can be used as booster too and not just with piss. Think it was 1 scoop per gal in pumpup. Not sure dilution for hydroforce. It can blow up your bottle so be careful when it expands. Leave lids loose. And matrix citrus force for grease only when needed. It was kinda hard to rinse i felt.
I have a couple bags of Keenrite Klenz I never used..... I have a huge house with 35 Year old dirty Karastan nylon cut pile to clean this weekend. You think Klenz is up to it? Maybe throw in a citrus booster for more punch? It’s just dirty with a couple spills and some grease spots from furniture.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I have a couple bags of Keenrite Klenz I never used..... I have a huge house with 35 Year old dirty Karastan nylon cut pile to clean this weekend. You think Klenz is up to it? Maybe throw in a citrus booster for more punch? It’s just dirty with a couple spills and some grease spots from furniture.
I would give it a shot. Its similar to bio-break imo. Grease spots i would just address with a spotter unless its all throughout.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Nothing cleans easier than 90s nylon no matter how filthy

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Seriously gotta look at Soap Free Procyon! The Powder Plus had been killing it for me mixed in tank at 16oz/5gal. Its detergent free but still cleans at a 9.5 and dried on the acidic side. Bottom line, extra cleaning punch with no residue and it actually is great for rinsing your prespray or other residual left behind. My favorite part its a natural defoamer! I hate foam especially cleaning below freezing temps.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Nothing cleans easier than 90s nylon no matter how filthy
Yeah I know but my question was about a particular product that is designed more to clean organic grease not your typical residential dirt and spills .......... that you would get in bedrooms and hall/stairs areas....

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I would give it a shot. Its similar to bio-break imo. Grease spots i would just address with a spotter unless its all throughout.
Well I chickened out and went with Bonnetpro Omega w/citrus in most areas and Rocket in the others.......the job was too damn big to be wasting time experimenting and I had to do it by myself........I worked on New Year’s Day and Saturday to get it done for the guy who is getting the home inspected today and tomorrow...... I know almost anything would have been effective on a 100% nylon like that but it was pretty banged up in many areas... it being 35 years old meant the protector was pretty much toast so I needed a sure fire approach. Job took me 12 hours.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Well I chickened out and went with Bonnetpro Omega w/citrus in most areas and Rocket in the others.......the job was too damn big to be wasting time experimenting and I had to do it by myself........I worked on New Year’s Day and Saturday to get it done for the guy who is getting the home inspected today and tomorrow...... I know almost anything would have been effective on a 100% nylon like that but it was pretty banged up in many areas... it being 35 years old meant the protector was pretty much toast so I needed a sure fire approach. Job took me 12 hours.
I cant say i blame you. I gave my share of chems test runs. Only to redo area’s that i knew my regular stuff would of had no problem.
Bonnet pro makes good stuff. Cant go wrong there.
them old nylon carpets are pretty resistant even without protector on them.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
i know there are a ton of what prespray do you use threads but I will put my two cents in here.

What I do is fill a 5 gallon pail with 4 gallons water. Then add 1 quart grand slam (Shake first) then add 1 cup Citrus Force and stir. Pour this into a Hydroforce (with filter strainer funnel) at 8 to 1 ratio.

I know this is minimal chemical but this is my stock prespray which will work on most lightly soiled carpets (80% of my work) and is easy to rinse.

If I get to a job where I need more *punch* I will add something to this stock solution that is already in the Hydroforce. Have found that Bio Pro 10K works well. If its really bad I will add some DeSolve All.

Apply, Brush Pro 17, wand with clear water rinse and groom.
So you are using bio pro 10k as a primary booster ?
I read someone uses it as a primary prespray • then adds citrus-solve ( no d-lamonine anymore • now substituted w a much cheaper synthetic - too bad ), as a booster. I’d like to try something as effective as bio pro 10k if it is as effective on rat nasties as described above.