Another Chemistry Quiz

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I have moved away from using chemical in the solution line. I treated myself to a RotoVac 360i for on the Black Friday special. This week will be it's trial run. Hopefully that will give me better agitation.
BRUSH HEAD!!!!!!!
I have had origial RV 2 head for years.
Had an opportunity to grab the RV withbrush head. Really kicks but. But I do not like needing two hands to run it.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I took the 360 for it's trial run. I really like it. It pulled a little sort of like when you are using a floor machine and don't have enough liquid on the floor. I was very happy, but I'm still trying to get to a point where the traffic pattern isn't such a problem. Overall the carpet was clean but I would still like to get those traffic patterns cleaner. It's hard to tell if its dirt or we've reached a point where the finish is worn off the carpet.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
BRUSH HEAD!!!!!!!
I have had origial RV 2 head for years.
Had an opportunity to grab the RV withbrush head. Really kicks but. But I do not like needing two hands to run it.
I ordered mine with the 4 jet head as an upgrade and also the brush head. I understood the brush head to be for commercial carpet. Do you use it on residential?

Reactions: CCWorks

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I ordered mine with the 4 jet head as an upgrade and also the brush head. I understood the brush head to be for commercial carpet. Do you use it on residential?
Most certainly.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I took the 360 for it's trial run. I really like it. It pulled a little sort of like when you are using a floor machine and don't have enough liquid on the floor. I was very happy, but I'm still trying to get to a point where the traffic pattern isn't such a problem. Overall the carpet was clean but I would still like to get those traffic patterns cleaner. It's hard to tell if its dirt or we've reached a point where the finish is worn off the carpet.
Type of carpet you are having issues with. ?? If those PETs that are being pushed on the public, not a lot more you can do.
What those products such as CTI's Dinge Away are supposed to provide some help with. Not soil but the carpet fiber being abraded, distorted.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Some low-face-weight tufted carpets, particularly the frieze that's so popular in this area, can "blossom out" very quickly. The tops of the tufts frizz out from even simple vacuuming if the customer has an aggressive beater bar.

This makes the area look darker because it's reflecting light back to the eye in a scattered and disorganized way.

A simple way to tell is to "grin" the fibers (part them and look at the backing) - if there's no visible soil on the backing, and a damp white towel shows no soil after patting or blotting the carpet, then likely what you're seeing in those traffic areas is damage, not dirt.

The 360i is a fantastic tool, but be wary of doing damage with those brush heads. You can blossom a tufted carpet in no time at all if you let it run too dry or for too long in one place.

Reactions: Rick J

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I've been lying low in the colder weather but I've taken the truck out a few times. It might need a little tweaking but it's doing much better. I expect to start hitting it hard come March and I'll update again.