Announcing TMF's Newest Feature: The TMF Grab Bag (Giveaway Contest) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Announcing TMF's Newest Feature: The TMF Grab Bag (Giveaway Contest)

Jared

Oct 12, 2009
Real Name
Jared Mohney
Business Location
United States
Hello readers!

Today I am excited to announce a brand new feature here on TMF...the TMF Grab Bag.

As you know, we're always adding new features to the site. Be it the classifieds section, blogs, tutorials, the chat room, etc., we're always looking for new ways to liven up the community. And what better time to announce our newest feature than on the heels of our brand new site design!

Okay Jared, enough talk, what's this "Grab Bag" business all about?

I'm glad you asked totally legit reader! Starting today, and on the first of every month, we will be creating a new thread very similar to this one, which will feature an item that we will be giving away that month.

Wait...free stuff? Impossible. Nothing is free ever! What's the catch?

The catch is that there is no catch. We will literally be GIVING away industry-related items on a month-to-month basis, all you have to do is win...the competition.

Ah-ha! A competition eh? So you're pitting your community against each other! You want to see us filled with bloodlust and go stark raving mad over free stuff!?

Well...not really. It's actually quite simple.

In order to win a given month's prize, all you have to do is compete and win in the subsequent competition. For example, this month we're giving away a (brand new) MasterClean Spraymaster system and in order to win it, you simply have to send us your best "Before and After" photo! (More on that below!)

Really? That's it? Well...who decides who wins?

Yes, really...and it's a combination of both the TMF staff and you, the community. Seeing as we have over 18k monthly readers here on TMF and the general simplicity of the competition, we're expecting to receive a rather large amount of entries. Out of those entries, myself and the TMF staff will be picking the top 5. Those 5 will then be placed within a new poll thread where the community will have one week to vote for the winner. Whoever stands triumphant at the end of the week will receive a PM from myself requesting their delivery information and BOOM! Free prize, shipping included.

Oh wow. Very easy. Where do I send my entry and would you mind recapping a bit?

Please refrain from posting your entries within this thread! Rather, PM me your entry and I'll respond within 48 hours, letting you know that your submission has been received!

• On the first of every month a new thread will be created, announcing the item being given away and the contest attached to it.
  • The competition specifics will vary month-to-month.
  • Each competition will be open for 3 weeks, so get to work!
  • On the 4th week, the top 5 entires will be revealed and the community will then vote on a winner.
  • The 4 in the top 5 who did not win the main prize will not walk away empty-handed. (Just like any quality gameshow.)
  • Rinse and repeat next month.

THIS MONTH'S COMPETITION SPECIFICS

The Prize: A brand new MasterClean Spraymaster 100A system with a retail value of over $200!

The Contest: Send us your best "before and after" photo! Turned a pitch black carpet white? Completely overhauled your vehicle? Show us! Also, keep in mind that we will be receiving a very large amount of fantastic "before and after" images, so creativity is key this month!

The Due Date: 9/24/2010

How Do I Enter? Simply upload your picture to your favorite free image host, (I suggest using www.imgur.com) and send me a direct link to your image via a PM on the forum! Please do NOT post your entries within this thread!

Now...get to work!

danzar

Jul 31, 2010
NC
www.superior-maint.com
Real Name
dan
Business Location
United States
Kick butt ideal, can't wait to see all the pic's

Should keep a library of the entry's just for looking at.

One last question, is the pic's just a Before and After for carpet or can it be VCT tile, etc.. ?

Jared

Oct 12, 2009
Real Name
Jared Mohney
Business Location
United States
Kick butt ideal, can't wait to see all the pic's

Should keep a library of the entry's just for looking at.

One last question, is the pic's just a Before and After for carpet or can it be VCT tile, etc.. ?
It can be ANYTHING you want. It doesn't even have to be industry-related. (Though seeing as this is a cleaners forum, that might help. ;))

Be creative. Have fun with it!

For example...why not lay a dirty couch cushion on top of some dirty carpet and run a cleaning pass down both of them? What about completely overhauling/cleaning your truck with an awesome before and after comparison?

I'm really excited to see the results!