Amtex vs EZ for Pinks. Lets Put This to Rest. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Amtex vs EZ for Pinks. Lets Put This to Rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
I think all our tm's and portables, all of them comes to have less restriction. the less restriction the best.
When I see a machine with small opening to the tank, or a 4 in inlet blower the hose to got the tank is 3 in, so there is restriction right there.
Same with a ETM or portable, the best is when the motors are direct mounted to the tank. can be the same motor but the design is what makes the difference.
Jaime is so right about restriction. I owned two truckmounts both had 45 Roots blowers.
One had a 22HP Kohler turning the blower and its Hypro pump while the other had a liquid
cooled 20HP Vtwin. As far as the plumbing one had 3 inch from blower into tank and
31/2 going out with large hose to filter box with 2 vac inlets while the other had two 2 inch vac hose from a fitting on the blower then into the waste tank. The first one just had better air flow going
in and going out of the waste tank. Also the silencer on the first one was a lot bigger than
the other. Both had tachometers and we often used these machines together when doing
large commercial jobs. The truckmount with the superior plumbing could operate turning
the blower at 2950 rpms and actually be better than the other which was not bad at all but
to keep up the one with more restriction had to operate as best I remember at 3100 rpms.
I found that almost unbelievable but with these bigger truckmounts air flow and low restriction is huge in vacuum performance. They both operated right at 14HG. The one
with more restictions did provide more heat however but not a lot.

Reactions: WillnDeb

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
This would be an excellent competition for us porty based companies, who have selected Ez and Amtex as finalists in their decision making, when they step up to buy their first truck-mount!

Joey J.

Jun 18, 2008
Fl
This would be an excellent competition for us porty based companies, who have selected Ez and Amtex as finalists in their decision making, when they step up to buy their first truck-mount!
You guys should really branch out on where you are getting your info on what machine to buy. Not saying the info here is bad or wrong in any way just that there is other differing opinions out there. I know they are not talked about much on this board but you would be doing yourself a major disservice if you didn't at least consider a Judson.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
You guys should really branch out on where you are getting your info on what machine to buy. Not saying the info here is bad or wrong in any way just that there is other differing opinions out there. I know they are not talked about much on this board but you would be doing yourself a major disservice if you didn't at least consider a Judson.

I think if a judson were to be in the competition, all three would have to be oil burners. But in the end, the Judson would be right beside them in quality, but might lose in the price war, due to how much these things cost, and style points. Judsons are pretty plain lame looking, even though their indestructable

Joey J.

Jun 18, 2008
Fl
I think if a judson were to be in the competition, all three would have to be oil burners. But in the end, the Judson would be right beside them in quality, but might lose in the price war, due to how much these things cost, and style points. Judsons are pretty plain lame looking, even though their indestructable
If I'm not mistaken Judson either has already or is very soon putting out a heat exchange unit.

You are right on looks but if I'm buying something that is going to be an integral part of providing for my family being indestructible is much more important than being pretty.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Yes, the update is. The fire inspection came back inconclusive and Bob has been served papers for damages as I will turn Randy's name over to My attorney tomorrow . Bob's been sued for , Defamation,slander, and business interruption and malice.

Nick. I spoke up in your defense on that thread about your machine burning down. I've never said anything bad about EZ. Even thought about buying a used one. You seem like a good fellow. But threatening to sue Randy has changed my opinion of you. That is just plain wrong.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The cause isn't in dispute according to the poster right below you.

If there was a forum where potential carpet cleaning customers were hanging out and they said jewelry "dissappeared" when you were in their house, but they didn't flat out call you a thief, how would you respond?

But in this case, the jewelry really did disappear in a fire sale.:eek:

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Agreed. There is a difference between being sue happy and protecting ones good name. Bob threw a lot of mud and has now disappeared... if it were any manufacturer I would recommend they protect the name they worked hard to create...Wouldn't you?

I was on Nick's side on the Bob lawsuit. The threat against Randy was out of line and baseless. Doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. Nick showed his true colors when he did that. As well as his ignorance of the law.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This thread is closed. When frivolous lawsuits are threatened for real or imagined disagreements it is non-productive to each person involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.