Amtex vs EZ for Pinks. Lets Put This to Rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
Real Name
Neil Jeremy
Business Location
United States
Lately there seems to be an ongoing Amtex vs EZ debate going on, so I propose a competition to see who the king is.

I'll Run my 47 Blower EZ machine against Amtex's equivalent model Eruption 47 blower machine. We will measure vacuum and heat- sustained heat. Not heat in a video with a low flow wand and a heat spike.

We will meet up and do this live. The winner of the competition gets the other person's TM.

These won't be new manufacturer modded machines, they will be stock machines that we operators use on a daily basis. This is the real deal.

I'm that confident.

Any takers?

Edit: This is a friendly competition, even though it has consequences.

Mike Hanley

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Mike
Lately there seems to be an ongoing Amtex vs EZ debate going on, so I propose a competition to see who the king is.

I'll Run my 47 Blower EZ machine against Amtex's equivalent model Eruption 47 blower machine. We will measure vacuum and heat- sustained heat. Not heat in a video with a low flow wand and a heat spike.

We will meet up and do this live. The winner of the competition gets the other person's TM.

These won't be new manufacturer modded machines, they will be stock machines that we operators use on a daily basis. This is the real deal.

I'm that confident.

Any takers?

Edit: This is a friendly competition, even though it has consequences.
Will we be able to check your machine for a sneaky heat(pete)?

Reactions: Windy City Steam

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
How about making sure both machines are using cold water, not the recycled water that EZ uses to produce heat. Also, most AMTEX machines are only running 3000-3100 RPM MAX to produce their heat vs 3500 plus on the EZ and not having to recycle water thorough the heat exchangers to get their heat. ALSO, the Eruption Vs. 40/47EZ is funny. If they produced the exact same heat...I would assume ANY fair judge would award AMTEX the winner...since they are doing it with 10hp less power than that required by the 40/47. The eruption is a 30/47. Bottom line, the AMTEX gets the job done without having to recycle heated water through the pumps causing accelerated wear and replacement of pump heads...while doing it using less horse power(Less gas) and less RPM (Less wear and longer life on the engines)

So what TM do you want to own. The one that has to have a 40HP engine running Max RPM to produce the same heat as a 30HP engine running at 70% RPM. The Biggest difference, run the EZ 40/47 the way the manufacturer recommends to get the heat, run the AMTEX the same way. See which one will run longer before replacing, pumps, engine parts etc. AMTEX will be the one crossing the finish line...EZ, will be back in the garage.

Also, what is the remark about Manufacturer Modded to get results, Is that something EZ has been doing to make their videos? I know for a fact Amtex doesn't do that....that would really be a sneaky pete.

Reactions: Weebco and StevenB.

Neil

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
Real Name
Neil Jeremy
Business Location
United States
How about making sure both machines are using cold water, not the recycled water that EZ uses to produce heat. Also, most AMTEX machines are only running 3000-3100 RPM MAX to produce their heat vs 3500 plus on the EZ and not having to recycle water thorough the heat exchangers to get their heat. ALSO, the Eruption Vs. 40/47EZ is funny. If they produced the exact same heat...I would assume ANY fair judge would award AMTEX the winner...since they are doing it with 10hp less power than that required by the 40/47. The eruption is a 30/47. Bottom line, the AMTEX gets the job done without having to recycle heated water through the pumps causing accelerated wear and replacement of pump heads...while doing it using less horse power(Less gas) and less RPM (Less wear and longer life on the engines)

So what TM do you want to own. The one that has to have a 40HP engine running Max RPM to produce the same heat as a 30HP engine running at 70% RPM. The Biggest difference, run the EZ 40/47 the way the manufacturer recommends to get the heat, run the AMTEX the same way. See which one will run longer before replacing, pumps, engine parts etc. AMTEX will be the one crossing the finish line...EZ, will be back in the garage.

Hi, Randy. A couple of points-

Don't forget this is friendly:)

Your claims of premature pump wear are purely speculative. I have a 1000hrs on my EZ's and I've never replaced a pump. You can talk to other owners as well. Recycled water is nothing more than increased efficiency. These two machines make heat in slightly different fashions, the question is which one makes more? Your post acknowledges that EZ's are hotter, you are saying you think it's at the expense of reliability. Again, there is zero evidence to back that up.

What manufacturer recommendation are you talking about? Kohler?

The EZ 47 machine does have a bigger engine, but it sells for the same price (or possibly less) and has the same blower, so dollar for dollar, it is an equivalent model. Ford vs Chevy would be no different. If Ford put a more powerful engine in the same class of truck it's fair game for them to talk about their performance advantages.

For the record I think Amtex makes a fine machine. I just think EZ makes a better machine at a much better price.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
And what if one has better suction and one has better heat, who wins?

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
Hi, Randy. A couple of points-

Don't forget this is friendly:)

Your claims of premature pump wear are purely speculative. I have a 1000hrs on my EZ's and I've never replaced a pump. You can talk to other owners as well. Recycled water is nothing more than increased efficiency. These two machines make heat in slightly different fashions, the question is which one makes more? Your post acknowledges that EZ's are hotter, you are saying you think it's at the expense of reliability. Again, there is zero evidence to back that up.

What manufacturer recommendation are you talking about? Kohler?

The EZ 47 machine does have a bigger engine, but it sells for the same price (or possibly less) and has the same blower, so dollar for dollar, it is an equivalent model. Ford vs Chevy would be no different. If Ford put a more powerful engine in the same class of truck it's fair game for them to talk about their performance advantages.

For the record I think Amtex makes a fine machine. I just think EZ makes a better machine at a much better price.
Ok...this is me begin friendly:

You started this thread with the intention of stirring the waters, I get it. Its all friendly. But lets remember the facts.

1.There are documented post by EZ owners of pump seals going out shortly after receiving a new EZ. The fact that you have never replaced a pump in 1000 hours is great. That doesn't mean that all EZ machines are as reliable. Also, have you done any pump maintenance, replace seals, check valves or other?

2.You posted your "Friendly" competition, knowing that no one would accept the terms, thus allowing you to make the claim that everyone was afraid, so by default EZ is king. In reality, if any CC took your bet, I would say one of two things, either they are CRAZY, or Perhaps it was Bob the steam Guy, that had more money than he needs. The fact is, this isn't Las Vegas, and no business owner in their right mind would accept such an offer...even if they were entering a 100K vortex against a portable. We are business owners, not gamblers. Any business owner that IS a gambler, will not be a business owner long.

3.Hmmm, bigger engine, same price. Cheaper price is not usually the best route when buying things. You get what you pay for. I can go to harbor Freight and
buy a cheap power tool that last one use, and then have to buy another. That is great if I only have a one time use for something. If it is a tool that I am going
to be using everyday...I am not going with the cheap HF tools. It isn't cost effective. Usually when the same type of item is being sold cheaper...there is a reason. It may look good, it may last a little while...but when you look closely, there is usually a reason things are cheap. As I stated, you get what you pay for.

4.My post acknowledged nothing about EZ heat. I do, however, believe that from what other owners have said on this and other forums, that the EZ machines are experiencing many issues on ranging areas. Owners have reported pump problems, engine problems, wood in heat exchangers and one report of the machine burning
to the ground...van and all. Maybe some of the areas have been addressed, maybe they haven't. The fact are, that operators of EZ machines, have documented these different problems with THEIR EZ machines. The fact that yours is working nicely....consider yourself fortunate.

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Will you also have a side by side with tile and grout cleaning? I would love to see that.

Neil

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
Real Name
Neil Jeremy
Business Location
United States
Ok...this is me begin friendly:

You started this thread with the intention of stirring the waters, I get it. Its all friendly. But lets remember the facts.

1.There are documented post by EZ owners of pump seals going out shortly after receiving a new EZ. The fact that you have never replaced a pump in 1000 hours is great. That doesn't mean that all EZ machines are as reliable. Also, have you done any pump maintenance, replace seals, check valves or other?

2.You posted your "Friendly" competition, knowing that no one would accept the terms, thus allowing you to make the claim that everyone was afraid, so by default EZ is king. In reality, if any CC took your bet, I would say one of two things, either they are CRAZY, or Perhaps it was Bob the steam Guy, that had more money than he needs. The fact is, this isn't Las Vegas, and no business owner in their right mind would accept such an offer...even if they were entering a 100K vortex against a portable. We are business owners, not gamblers. Any business owner that IS a gambler, will not be a business owner long.

3.Hmmm, bigger engine, same price. Cheaper price is not usually the best route when buying things. You get what you pay for. I can go to harbor Freight and
buy a cheap power tool that last one use, and then have to buy another. That is great if I only have a one time use for something. If it is a tool that I am going
to be using everyday...I am not going with the cheap HF tools. It isn't cost effective. Usually when the same type of item is being sold cheaper...there is a reason. It may look good, it may last a little while...but when you look closely, there is usually a reason things are cheap. As I stated, you get what you pay for.

4.My post acknowledged nothing about EZ heat. I do, however, believe that from what other owners have said on this and other forums, that the EZ machines are experiencing many issues on ranging areas. Owners have reported pump problems, engine problems, wood in heat exchangers and one report of the machine burning
to the ground...van and all. Maybe some of the areas have been addressed, maybe they haven't. The fact are, that operators of EZ machines, have documented these different problems with THEIR EZ machines. The fact that yours is working nicely....consider yourself fortunate.

1. I have 2 of them, and they both work fine. I have never replaced a pump, or any part of a pump. The only way someone burns up a pump is if they don't operate the machine properly. This goes for all equipment in all industries.

2. My terms are simple. Heat/vaccum. A competition. I respect your position on a smart business man not gambling, but my position is that this isn't a gamble because I know what the results will be.

3. Your Harbor Freight analogy isn't accurate, because these are Kohler engines, the same engines that Amtex uses.

4. The wood in the heat exchanger issue was put to rest in the last thread you brought it up in, and EZ's aren't built that way anymore anyways. Anyone who wants information on Bob's fire should visit that thread. Honestly, I find your implication to be unethical.

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States

Also, what is the remark about Manufacturer Modded to get results, Is that something EZ has been doing to make their videos? I know for a fact Amtex doesn't do that....that would really be a sneaky pete.
I own a EZ I disagree with you 100%..... Bypassing water to your fresh tank increases the water temp yes BUT you can run with that valve closed... Guess what pal it runs hotter with it closed then it does when its open... You do not have to run your truckmount with that valve open and if you do, do you realize how long it takes to heat 55 gallons of water up? Along with cold water being constantly being added?? It adds some heat to it but not enough to ever do any damage to your pump or any part of your truckmount...... Id run head to head with a amtex anyday without bypassing water :D

I would really would like to get a EZ and a Amtex together

Another thing I want to see it how many inches of lift a amtex 3047 is getting when the wand is down on the carpet and if the motor bogs???

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
1. I have 2 of them, and they both work fine. I have never replaced a pump, or any part of a pump. The only way someone burns up a pump is if they don't operate the machine properly. This goes for all equipment in all industries.

2. My terms are simple. Heat/vaccum. A competition. I respect your position on a smart business man not gambling, but my position is that this isn't a gamble because I know what the results will be.

3. Your Harbor Freight analogy isn't accurate, because these are Kohler engines, the same engines that Amtex uses.

4. The wood in the heat exchanger issue was put to rest in the last thread you brought it up in, and EZ's aren't built that way anymore anyways. Anyone who wants information on Bob's fire should visit that thread. Honestly, I find your implication to be unethical.
You stated ask EZ owners. Thats the information I posted. If you that is a problem, you should look at the EZ owners that reported the problems. I just responded to you about asking ow ers. If you don't like their answer... I guess you can make up the one that better makes your point.

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
Some of you truckmount guys are a skosh on the sensitive side:p it doesn't take much to get your panties in a bunch:D not unlike a delicate flower:)
I'm pretty sure Neil knew he would get a response from Amtex owners the so second he wrote the title. I think it's funny as soon as someone post facts that he doesn't want to air.. That's unethical.

It is always easier to win a debate if you don't let facts get in the way

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
Cheaper price isnt always the way to go in life but..... All stainless everything, Kohler engine, Tuthill blower,Arimitsu pump, A flame throwing stainless (inside and out) heat exchanger all put together with a easy design anyone could understand....... Yeah that seems like a horrible deal

Neil

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
Real Name
Neil Jeremy
Business Location
United States
I'm pretty sure Neil knew he would get a response from Amtex owners the so second he wrote the title. I think it's funny as soon as someone post facts that he doesn't want to air.. That's unethical.

It is always easier to win a debate if you don't let facts get in the way

The only fact so far is that nobody wants to take the challenge.

If you think it's too risky, then lets do it without the bet just to see which machine performs better.

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
The only fact so far is that nobody wants to take the challenge.

If you think it's too risky, then lets do it without the bet just to see which machine performs better.
As I said.... Call crazy BOB... Oh wait, his EZ burned to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.