Amtex Prowler, Whats the scoop?

Nov 25, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
www.castle-cleaners.com
Real Name
Kevin Murray
Business Location
United States
Thank you Johnny and thank you Frank. So are we talking in the $7k realm for the Prowler? I really like the idea of a portable machine. I'm new to the business so I want something as simple and affordable as possible, yet powerful enough to do a professional-standard job. Where is the best place to find a used one?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Thank you Johnny and thank you Frank. So are we talking in the $7k realm for the Prowler? I really like the idea of a portable machine. I'm new to the business so I want something as simple and affordable as possible, yet powerful enough to do a professional-standard job. Where is the best place to find a used one?
There are not a lot of used ones for sale. I guess the owners want to hold onto them. But they do come up every once in a while. I'd guess Craig s List, Ebay, and the classified section right her on TMF would be a good start. Good luck and let us know how things pan out for you.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
If you plan on doing any tile better look into a diesel,or propane heater IMO

James, I have very little tile & grout experience. But isn't the psi more important then heat in this instance?

James the boss

May 28, 2012
Ocala fl
Real Name
James stipes
James, I have very little tile & grout experience. But isn't the psi more important then heat in this instance?

Im no pro either But when I first got my truck mount the diesel heater was not workin right and I did a tile job with limited heat and my next job after repair was like night and day ,,,,just my experience

Royce 22

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Roy payne
Kevin,

I would go with Amtex. They have great machines, customer support, and service, that no other TM company can compare with. I've never hear one bad thing about Amtex machines, Benn, or their customer service, not one. That says it all to me.

When it's time for me to buy a TM, I'm buying an Amtex. No doubt in my mind.
What changed?

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
What changed?

I ended up buying an Amtex machine and the headaches began. Not only for me but many of my friends whom also bought them.