Amtex inferno 500 or sapphire 370ss | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Amtex inferno 500 or sapphire 370ss

All American Carpet

Jul 9, 2015
Real Name
Justin collette
I was wondering what machine you guys think would be more reliable? The amtex machine has more power but I dont want to give up reliability for more power

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
There's no comparison between the two. If you want power and reliability in that price range, then look for a used hydra master titan 575

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
So in your opinion, the Inferno 500 wouldn't be reliable?

Compared to the Titan...

Ben has made several improvements in the inferno design since my model that I had. So I'm not going to say anything negative about his newer models.

I have seen the Titan up close for over 1200hrs, and there's a few members on here who have that model, so I suggest that you consider it. And when something does go wrong with it while it's still under warranty, I know for a fact that I can receive parts from my dealer under 2 days. I don't know where you're located, but can Ben guarantee sending you parts at the same time?

Last edited:

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
If you are deciding between the two I would go with the 370ss. Ben makes a good machine but the footprint is very large while the 370 is one of the smallest in the industry.

All American Carpet

Jul 9, 2015
Real Name
Justin collette
If you are deciding between the two I would go with the 370ss. Ben makes a good machine but the footprint is very large while the 370 is one of the smallest in the industry.
I just bought a new Nissan nv so I don't think room should be a problem

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
I just bought a new Nissan nv so I don't think room should be a problem
Maybe, but let me tell you from experience that it is very nice to be able to have the machine and the hose reel out the side door, leaving the back door open for a portable, or fans\dehu, or just random stuff you want to carry for the day. It also makes the van look neater. But this is just my personal preference, I HAVE TO HAVE the ability to carry extra stuff with me whenever I want.

All American Carpet

Jul 9, 2015
Real Name
Justin collette
Maybe, but let me tell you from experience that it is very nice to be able to have the machine and the hose reel out the side door, leaving the back door open for a portable, or fans\dehu, or just random stuff you want to carry for the day. It also makes the van look neater. But this is just my personal preference, I HAVE TO HAVE the ability to carry extra stuff with me whenever I want.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I was wondering what machine you guys think would be more reliable? The amtex machine has more power but I dont want to give up reliability for more power
If you were to go with the SS unit, how close are you to a place to have it serviced? Will you work on the unit yourself (whichever you choose) if and when the situation arises?

jbc71

Jun 21, 2013
Real Name
jeffrey charles
I don't think the 370 with 317 cfm and a bigger price tag is better. I have an inferno and am located in Florida. I have 500 hours on my amtex and I'm vey happy with her. I've had one minor issue and was able to fix within an hour of going down and backup and running. In fact I left my hoses on the job while I left.
As far as performance you can't compare the the two. Amtex around 500 cfm and plenty of heat.