Amtex Equipment Rebuilds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
In all fairness, I bought my chemtex machine used from a guy that had absolutely no mechanical skills. He could have been the root of most of my problems. First off, hot water goes through the pump of these machines. Depending on how long you lay the wand down, that water can get very hot. Which melted the seals of the pump. When I replaced the seals, I opted for the high temp seals and haven't had an issue. My HX was a bit shakey when I first got it. I tightened everything up, and monitor it every now and then. Bc it was loose I had a hairline crack in my HX box. Simple weld fixed it. However, when I had to remove the HX, the bolts holding the back lid busted off. I had to redrill the holes. Then in order to keep some areas from leaking exhaust, I used high temp gasket maker to seal around the edges of the back lid. I re-plumbed most of the machine with higher quality lines since the ones it had on it we're rusting. The water temperature regulator went out on me as well and continuously flows so I put a ball valve on it and ran it to the dump tank. I keep the ball valve cracked so water is always leaking to prevent to hot of water build up. These are all the problems I have on the top of my head, and we're all the major ones. Honestly, if your handy, I'd recommend these machines to you. If your not, look a different direction. The price is great, but you have to expect some issues imo
Thank you for all this info. I'm clearly not as handy as you are
Appreciate the great advice

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Here she is, like I said before the guy before me had no clue. This is my back up machine, so I don't run it everyday. However, she runs perfect now. I have full confidence in her now View attachment 80500
Well Amtex didn't have water boxes until fairly recently. But it is Amtex red. Hmm.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Well Amtex didn't have water boxes until fairly recently. But it is Amtex red. Hmm.
Yeah it is red bc it is the 25 HP. The 14 hp is green, the 20 is blue, 25 is red, and 30 is orange. I wanna say, I've read in the past though Ben worked for chemtex, and left and did his own thing calling it amtex. I have no clue if this is fact. What did you say was the biggest problem with your machine again, just a whole bunch?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yes aamtex used to sell through steambrite

I believe chemtex and amtex used to be together.......

They both are in houston....

Ben has his own business now.....amtex
And makes around 10-15 different models
Depending on which week it is

I think Cemtex is still in business

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Yeah it is red bc it is the 25 HP. The 14 hp is green, the 20 is blue, 25 is red, and 30 is orange. I wanna say, I've read in the past though Ben worked for chemtex, and left and did his own thing calling it amtex. I have no clue if this is fact. What did you say was the biggest problem with your machine again, just a whole bunch?

My Amtex 30/47 Stack Inferno had problems with blowing heat exchanger hoses, one month I spent $200 on them. Melting the pump because it didn't have a water box. The coupler wasn't aligned correctly so it tore up couplers unit I got it lined up correctly. It was very loud which never got resolved, Other then these problems it was a great machine. :)