Amtex Equipment Rebuilds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Ben Saney has changed the heat exchanger hoses from rubber to stainless steel tubing. Not sure how good the stainless steel tubes work, but they can't be any worse then the friggen hydrolic rubber hoses he use to use on his TMs.
I'm not sure what's going on but I know 3 people that have had to get there heat exchangers either welded or a new one. All machine have super low hours.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
My ones buddy's machine is running really good now he just got down doing a big big job. Like 10 to 12 hour days for 4 days straight

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure what's going on but I know 3 people that have had to get there heat exchangers either welded or a new one. All machine have super low hours.
I bought my Amwreck with low hours as well. I don't know about now but when I got mine there were lots of them for sale with low hours. Now I know why.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I know...but it is hard getting past the brand's stink when it comes to selling it.
I hear you. That's why I just sold my Amwreck for parts.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Pulled that POS out my van, and now it sits in my garage.

TODAY ONLY...FOR SALE!

20/36 Inferno...needs new exhaust pipes and to be replubmed. All major components (blower, pump & engine are in great shape!
$2500! Will travel 5-600 miles in any direction to deliver it.

View attachment 80470 View attachment 80471
I wanna thank you for not taking my offer for 2,200 when I offered it a while back. I am starting to realize these machines might be harder to fix than my chemtex. If it was a 45 blower, I think more ppl would be interested in it, but personally I just can't get into a 36 blower anymore. I just can't believe these machines are worse than chemtex's. My chemtex was a pain to get going, but now that it is going, I love it. My HX are strong and produce instant heat.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I wanna thank you for not taking my offer for 2,200 when I offered it a while back. I am starting to realize these machines might be harder to fix than my chemtex. If it was a 45 blower, I think more ppl would be interested in it, but personally I just can't get into a 36 blower anymore. I just can't believe these machines are worse than chemtex's. My chemtex was a pain to get going, but now that it is going, I love it. My HX are strong and produce instant heat.
If I remember correctly I believe the Chem Tex were actually made by Ben Saney of Amtex

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
I was looking at chemtex machines on their website and on ebay.
What were the problems with your unit in the beginning and did they help you to solve them? I might end up buying one of those
Thank you

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Hmm I thought chemtex was a big facility. And if I'm correct, I thought a guy named Victor owned it?

I guess I'm mixed up. I do know that Ben Saney was making his Amtex machines for some other company to sell as their own but can't remember what company it was.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I was looking at chemtex machines on their website and on ebay.
What were the problems with your unit in the beginning and did they help you to solve them? I might end up buying one of those
Thank you
In all fairness, I bought my chemtex machine used from a guy that had absolutely no mechanical skills. He could have been the root of most of my problems. First off, hot water goes through the pump of these machines. Depending on how long you lay the wand down, that water can get very hot. Which melted the seals of the pump. When I replaced the seals, I opted for the high temp seals and haven't had an issue. My HX was a bit shakey when I first got it. I tightened everything up, and monitor it every now and then. Bc it was loose I had a hairline crack in my HX box. Simple weld fixed it. However, when I had to remove the HX, the bolts holding the back lid busted off. I had to redrill the holes. Then in order to keep some areas from leaking exhaust, I used high temp gasket maker to seal around the edges of the back lid. I re-plumbed most of the machine with higher quality lines since the ones it had on it we're rusting. The water temperature regulator went out on me as well and continuously flows so I put a ball valve on it and ran it to the dump tank. I keep the ball valve cracked so water is always leaking to prevent to hot of water build up. These are all the problems I have on the top of my head, and we're all the major ones. Honestly, if your handy, I'd recommend these machines to you. If your not, look a different direction. The price is great, but you have to expect some issues imo

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
In all fairness, I bought my chemtex machine used from a guy that had absolutely no mechanical skills. He could have been the root of most of my problems. First off, hot water goes through the pump of these machines. Depending on how long you lay the wand down, that water can get very hot. Which melted the seals of the pump. When I replaced the seals, I opted for the high temp seals and haven't had an issue. My HX was a bit shakey when I first got it. I tightened everything up, and monitor it every now and then. Bc it was loose I had a hairline crack in my HX box. Simple weld fixed it. However, when I had to remove the HX, the bolts holding the back lid busted off. I had to redrill the holes. Then in order to keep some areas from leaking exhaust, I used high temp gasket maker to seal around the edges of the back lid. I re-plumbed most of the machine with higher quality lines since the ones it had on it we're rusting. The water temperature regulator went out on me as well and continuously flows so I put a ball valve on it and ran it to the dump tank. I keep the ball valve cracked so water is always leaking to prevent to hot of water build up. These are all the problems I have on the top of my head, and we're all the major ones. Honestly, if your handy, I'd recommend these machines to you. If your not, look a different direction. The price is great, but you have to expect some issues imo

This sounds exactly like an Amtex machine. Hot water going to the pump, by passes, needing to replumb the machine. I'd swear this is an Amtex. Is there any way you could post pictures of this machine?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
This sounds exactly like an Amtex machine. Hot water going to the pump, by passes, needing to replumb the machine. I'd swear this is an Amtex. Is there any way you could post pictures of this machine?
Here she is, like I said before the guy before me had no clue. This is my back up machine, so I don't run it everyday. However, she runs perfect now. I have full confidence in her now
1539097748280.jpg