Amtex Equipment Rebuilds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I thought the heat exchanger defiantly should have been covered but so far he welded the heat exchanger so it's not leaking as of yet but he doesn't think it will hold long term.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
so johnny your's is up and runnig w/ a rebuild? id love to see the details if you can post any, pics etc. I still have a 30/47 in my shop that one day i'll get back to converting to propane heat. since i got my SS370 its a back burner project until i can get a 2nd truck anyway.

@Johnny Bravo
Did you get your SS 370 new or used? Any bugs? If any, how easy( hard) is to work on unit. How many hours did you get before any minor/ major issue occurrence?

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
Thanks for the counsel "brother".
But you ARE Rob!! I had irritating problems in areas, due to my own lack of knowledge, in my carpet cleaning/business. You are the product that I used (and use) to keep things...good and comfortable! I do recommend you to anyone that has these technique and/or business problems (except competitors :)).

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
They are ok machines from what I have seen my buddy bought a prolwer and the heat exchanger went out at 80 hours he had it 9 months which was still under warrenty but keep in mind, Ben starts the warrenty when you pay for the machine and not when you pick the machine up. So they didn't cover the heat exchanger because it took like 3 months for Ben to build his machine and for my friend to pic it up. I think he should have covered it. Heat exchanger should last more than 80 hours. I have a chemtex panther 14 and it has been good to me 650 hour and counting.
Ahhhh...yes! amwrecks famous customer service. Warranty starts before delivery.

Got-em!

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Figure I would report another friend of mine is having major issues with his machine prowler 14. His engine piston went out at 250 hours. I thought they would have lasted longer honestly. And he has had a to weld his heat exchanger.

Last edited:

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Figure I would report another friend of mine is having major issues with his machine prowler 14. His engine piston went out at 250 hours. I thought they would have lasted longer honestly
That’s one thing that’s not an Amtex issue. That’s a Kohler engine issue. Did your friend change his oil on a regular basis?

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
That’s one thing that’s not an Amtex issue. That’s a Kohler engine issue. Did your friend change his oil on a regular basis?
I would think so he has another prowler with alot of hour on it. Somtimes I feel like they are just to hot, I feel like heat can kill a tm fast. His older amtex i think didnt have a demi valve. Maybe the demi valve gets stuck closed over heating the system. I wonder if they have a 160 degree temp shut off in the water box.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
But you are right Kohler engine issue for sure. My chemtex is going on 700 hours. Without a single issue all summer knock on wood lol

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
But you are right Kohler engine issue for sure. My chemtex is going on 700 hours. Without a single issue all summer knock on wood lol
At 250 hours he should still be under warranty. If he goes to a Kohler authorized shop he can get it fixed for free assuming his machine is less than 2 years old. Have him contact Ben, Ben has a list of places he can take it for service.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
At 250 hours he should still be under warranty. If he goes to a Kohler authorized shop he can get it fixed for free assuming his machine is less than 2 years old. Have him contact Ben, Ben has a list of places he can take it for service.
He is going to for sure man. I'm sure it will be covered. Is what I would do would buy the engine install it myself than send the old engine back to get money back. Seem like most places are a couple weeks out

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Figure I would report another friend of mine is having major issues with his machine prowler 14. His engine piston went out at 250 hours. I thought they would have lasted longer honestly. And he has had a to weld his heat exchanger.
Was the heat exchanger cracking at the exhaust flex pipe to the engine?

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
get rid of those hx and put on a fuel kero heater....
problem solved
Pulled that POS out my van, and now it sits in my garage.

TODAY ONLY...FOR SALE!

20/36 Inferno...needs new exhaust pipes and to be replubmed. All major components (blower, pump & engine are in great shape!
$2500! Will travel 5-600 miles in any direction to deliver it.

20180219_140625.jpg
20180219_140729.jpg

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The Prowler was actually one of the least problematic models Amwreck made.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Pulled that POS out my van, and now it sits in my garage.

TODAY ONLY...FOR SALE!

20/36 Inferno...needs new exhaust pipes and to be replubmed. All major components (blower, pump & engine are in great shape!
$2500! Will travel 5-600 miles in any direction to deliver it.

View attachment 80470 View attachment 80471

Ben Saney has changed the heat exchanger hoses from rubber to stainless steel tubing. Not sure how good the stainless steel tubes work, but they can't be any worse then the friggen hydrolic rubber hoses he use to use on his TMs.