Amtex Equipment Rebuilds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
So how long would it take for a guy to rebuild an Amtex Equipment Dragon or Inferno to be rebuilt from a not so good machine to one that operates reliably?

It took @Todd the Cleaner about a month of part time work to rebuild his Amtex Dragon from a hunk of junk to a more reliable machine.

It also took Todd the cleaner about a month to rebuild my Amtex Equipment 30/47 Inferno from another piece of junk to a more reliable TM.

Conversely Benn Saney has had @Nomad74 Amtex Dragon now for 4 months. That's right 4 months, the maker and designer of the Amtex Dragon can't rebuild it in over 4 months.

Hate tot say it Damon, but I told you so. See if you can get Ben to ship it back to you and we'll get Todd on it. You'll not only have it up in running again in a month but it'll be a much better machine too.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Damon will not see that Amwreck back. Ben probably stripped the usable parts and put them into another one of his abortions.
This does piss me off and Damon doesn't deserve this.
I have said all along Ben will not look after him.
Oh Ben is so busy with new builds that he has NO time for Damon is what we have heard .
@Todd the Cleaner how is that rebuild running for you?
Would love to see a video of it in operation

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
so johnny your's is up and runnig w/ a rebuild? id love to see the details if you can post any, pics etc. I still have a 30/47 in my shop that one day i'll get back to converting to propane heat. since i got my SS370 its a back burner project until i can get a 2nd truck anyway.

@Johnny Bravo

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Damn he should have ordered a Velocity ETM, looks like they could have similar delivery times...

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
so johnny your's is up and runnig w/ a rebuild? id love to see the details if you can post any, pics etc. I still have a 30/47 in my shop that one day i'll get back to converting to propane heat. since i got my SS370 its a back burner project until i can get a 2nd truck anyway.

@Johnny Bravo

Either myself or @Todd the Cleaner will start a thread on the Amtex Inferno 30/47 rebuild.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
So how long would it take for a guy to rebuild an Amtex Equipment Dragon or Inferno to be rebuilt from a not so good machine to one that operates reliably?

It took @Todd the Cleaner about a month of part time work to rebuild his Amtex Dragon from a hunk of junk to a more reliable machine.

It also took Todd the cleaner about a month to rebuild my Amtex Equipment 30/47 Inferno from another piece of junk to a more reliable TM.

Conversely Benn Saney has had @Nomad74 Amtex Dragon now for 4 months. That's right 4 months, the maker and designer of the Amtex Dragon can't rebuild it in over 4 months.

Hate tot say it Damon, but I told you so. See if you can get Ben to ship it back to you and we'll get Todd on it. You'll not only have it up in running again in a month but it'll be a much better machine too.

Pics or it didnt happen :)

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
That's rough

I'm not personally involved but the things I've read makes me shake my head

He can't fix because

He's busy

He's moving

Someone got foot run over (doesn't sound fun)

All I can say is if your unwilling to back your product or your current clientele your shooting yourself in the foot.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Who here could afford to take 4 months off work while your TM Manufacturer fixes your machine under warranty?

Amtex Equipment, helping people go out of business every day.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Who here could afford to take 4 months off work while your TM Manufacturer fixes your machine under warranty?

At least Damon realized he needed to get a reliable machine and went with the 870. Feel really bad for the guy who cannot afford to do this and has to roll the dice with an Amtex.
The rebuilt Amtex was gonna be Damons back up machine but we all know Ben word is not worth a c un& full of cold piss

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States

that's a great point. its hard to get a machine at all, let alone a 2nd one. I was very fortunate to be in a position where i have the luxury of building my business while i'm still gainfully employed and able to make my bills. I was also able to get a new TM with reasonable financing, and this was after i parted w/ 6000 in cash for a used machine. I don't really regret that so much or feel that i was duped, i bought it full disclosure and if anything, just overestimated my appetite for fixing it. I eventually will. But if i bought a brand-spanking new one? eesh . . .

I only have about 80 hrs on my SS370, but i do depend on it - i'm booking jobs 2-3 days a week like clockwork now, and while I'm only using my TM for about 1/2 of the work (i have a fair amount of VCT/VLM commercial work), if it went down, i'd be up a creek.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

Simply called priority's.
Damon is not on the top of the list.

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
Wow, it seems only a short time ago that everyone was praising Amtex. I'm glad I don't own one.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Hire a attorney in the same town so a face to face vist would be a surprise with a legal answer . 2 or 3 hundred bucks would get the answer damon needs . This is what I would do .

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Hire a attorney in the same town so a face to face vist would be a surprise with a legal answer . 2 or 3 hundred bucks would get the answer damon needs . This is what I would do .
Cept No Lawyer will touch that for Pennies. Amtex has to WAKE the FUK Up and Realize the Power of TMF. & other Public Forums..He's Kicken his Nuts to the Ground & apparently too Proud..Stupid or LAME to Realize he Is Literally Destroying his Biz..Over a Simple Warranty.... what a Hard Head!
I call Spades....SPADES..WTF is wrong with HIM? Fix that Shit Ben! You cant be this Lame... Or can You? You were once the Prince on TMF then your Shit started to Smell like Roses?
Get REAL DUDE...Your son Booted me OFF Your Short Lived website the Moment I spoke some TRUTH!
Maybe time for YOU to Take another Look at your Bull Shit?

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Cept No Lawyer will touch that for Pennies. Amtex has to WAKE the FUK Up and Realize the Power of TMF. & other Public Forums..He's Kicken his Nuts to the Ground & apparently too Proud..Stupid or LAME to Realize he Is Literally Destroying his Biz..Over a Simple Warranty.... what a Hard Head!
I call Spades....SPADES..WTF is wrong with HIM? Fix that Shit Ben! You cant be this Lame... Or can You? You were once the Prince on TMF then your Shit started to Smell like Roses?
Get REAL DUDE...Your son Booted me OFF Your Short Lived website the Moment I spoke some TRUTH!
Maybe time for YOU to Take another Look at your Bull Shit?

Benn booted me off his Amtex Equipment Facebook page as well and I never even said anything good or bad on it about him or his machines.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I just saw this thread. Oh boy... Well, it's most likely lost in the mail :) I'm sure the mailman will figure it out soon.