Amtex dies again, 2x in 2 days... Buyer beware | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Amtex dies again, 2x in 2 days... Buyer beware

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Im just not easy to please to be honest... I like my chicks a little submissive but not stupid....its a lot to ask....

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
So you know my wife? I'm lucky and she's a freak.
If you hit the groove its smooth sailing my man.... I dont think My groove is on this planet....And by that I mean I want one of those tall blue bitcches from avatar..... :censored:

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
So are you saying we need brass fittings?
Brass fittings sb fine imo. Bunch of machines have high pressure lines with brass fittings. John you use max heat maybe that makes a diff but my buddy thats been rocking a TM since 1990 has never had an issue with brass fittings and he uses propans heat

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
A good way to keep things from getting too hot but it doesnt prevent things from getting too cool....Thats the problem with exchangers is constant temperature fluctuation...as soon as you stay on the trigger longer then what the heat produced by the engine can actually maintain your desired temp it drops too low....you start out in the corner of the room at 210 degrees and if you continue at 500 psi on a steady pace by the time you complete your first quarter of the room you are now cleaning at 160...if you set the wand down to block a couch you are back to 210 and then back down to 160.... How can you create a consistent cleaning if your temp is on a roller coaster?

If you are like me you edge the room first which depletes your hot water in an exchange unit... then when you get to the traffic lane you are cleaning cold or you need to put the wand down for about 5 minutes....
That's the reason I added my LGHP to my set up.

Reactions: earl804

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Todd and Jeff, Please tell me that you're putting on an exhaust bypass chamber.

And if you're hooking your water supply line to the water box, what are you using to supply the correct amount of water pressure to the water pump?

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Todd and Jeff, Please tell me that you're putting on an exhaust bypass chamber
No need if the HX temp/pressure is being reliably controlled otherwise...correct?

Last edited:

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
And if you're hooking your water supply line to the water box, what are you using to supply the correct amount of water pressure to the water pump?
A vertical water box with float would naturally create 8psi per gal. 10 gal vertical water box = 80 psi.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Are the heat exchangers very close together? Is the exhaust pipes almost straight? Does the engine slide? Do you have the coupler?
Do you really think I just bought a 500 and it has an old design? You have seen pictures and videos of the 500, I didn't by an old TM and slap a 500 faceplate on it.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Do you really think I just bought a 500 and it has an old design? You have seen pictures and videos of the 500, I didn't by an old TM and slap a 500 faceplate on it.
You should post some pics of your new bad boy. I would like to see how the exhaust has been improved and the new blower silencers. Also the slide plates for the belt tension and how they support the water lines to the brass fittings on the water pump. My brass fittings keep cracking because there is a lot of weight coming off that waterline at the pump head. Lucky I have an easy out tool to remove the sheared off brass fitting. Saved my butt.

Do you notice any harmonic vibration with the 47 blower? I think that may cause it to slowly kill itself over time. I have been researching this and it seems to be a weird thing with just 47 blowers. There is a second harmonic at 12mm/sec that seems to be common with only the 47 dual lobe blowers. Under no load it's 2mm/sec. The harmonic seems to be especially hard on couplers and many manufacturers now refuse to use the 47. Bigger or smaller run smoother, but the 47 is in a sweet spot that causes vibration. This would explain why almost every nut and bolt would not stay tight. I gave up on putting screws in my burner because they just kept vibrating out. I tried everything. Locktite and even rivets. Nothing worked.

I wish Mike Draper was still active on this forum. He has also researched the hell out of the 47 blower vibration issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
no the regular metal (galvanized) ones are.....these in the pic...noticed rust in the fittings.
Amtex will tell you that the rust is your fault for using the wrong type of chemical. That is what he told me. Maybe I should have been using purple power that Ben sells in his shop??

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
Hypro is a cheaper pump. Comes down to cost and profit. I still dont understand why Rick is selling his "perfectly running" amtex. I drank the kool aid too. I would imagine that it is being sold due to many issues like we all are having or have had. Once he sells it and gets out from underneath the firm grasp of Ben's control to fix shit, he will come clean too. Just my guess.. Nobody buys a second machine for the hell of it if it is running perfectly. Mine died and so I bought the 870. Not because I needed the 870, because I needed a strong running, reliable machine. 340 hours so far with 0 issues. That is the difference.. just look at my avatar, that is what $19k worth of hype and bullshiznt buys ya...

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Hypro is a cheaper pump. Comes down to cost and profit. I still dont understand why Rick is selling his "perfectly running" amtex. I drank the kool aid too. I would imagine that it is being sold due to many issues like we all are having or have had. Once he sells it and gets out from underneath the firm grasp of Ben's control to fix shit, he will come clean too. Just my guess.. Nobody buys a second machine for the hell of it if it is running perfectly. Mine died and so I bought the 870. Not because I needed the 870, because I needed a strong running, reliable machine. 340 hours so far with 0 issues. That is the difference.. just look at my avatar, that is what $19k worth of hype and bullshiznt buys ya...
Thought those garage built TM's were much cheaper.
That's a lot of money for a machine with cheap components and an unproven design...
What was your original thought process in the purchase.
I'd think at the time (for example) that a machine like the Apex was only about 4 grand more...

Reactions: Nomad74

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
My Amtex is all good. I don't have the issues you had. I want a more engineered unit with chemical pump and waterbox and exhaust diverter and no belts. It still works every day

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
My machine was 19k installed and i can set the wand down and take a nap. Your 28k no is way off
You are right. That price includes shipping and install and Apo and larger tank and removing my old unit. Do you have a burner?

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
You are right. That price includes shipping and install and Apo and larger tank and removing my old unit. Do you have a burner?
no its a HX machine. Granted, the one i have (sapphire 370) has a smaller blower (denver gardner 4006) but on high has 235 degrees at the machine. No pump out.

and for apples to apples, you are saying the inferno is comparable to a machine thats "13,000 more" - that's not really accurate IMO. also that 575 is really a different beast bc is water cooled instead of air cooled, and you are getting some other add-ons. So that 13K diff is real world assuming you upgrade from where you are.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
A vertical water box with float would naturally create 8psi per gal. 10 gal vertical water box = 80 psi.
i don't think that math works - i don't think its linear (i.e. 100 gals is 800 PSI?)

if that were true people would just just a full water tank and skip the pump

Reactions: wuznmee