Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
p.s.
I dont know what the hell the white line to the right is in the pic but it didn't hang around.

6'

I see the line goes onto the wood floor too. 99% sure it's sunlight shining through a partially open door or window.

As to the question in the first post I think you will be fine. The only thing that may give me hesitation is the fact that it was a move out.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
COD here.........especially for residential. Commercial too on the first one.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Thankfully I always positioned myself in a way that I could simply say NO to a prospect and move on without ever thinking about them again. In other words....You can't Lose What You Do Not Have. And that means I get paid upon completion, or I don't want the job. NEXT!

Reactions: Mike Krall
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Great feedback.

Thiscomes down to Trust & Chance.

If you Trust your process for aquiring quality clients or if you leave it up to Chance.

I've had 1 check/CC bounce in the last 8 years (that I can remember)

If you Trust your process, sometimeso you gotta put your cohones on the chopping block.

Oh, & she paid. Last night.

Before going by to have a look.

p.s.
I've also got a 13hunnit Shower Restoration gig floating since Wednesday. I just sent the final invoice today.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCarpetVet

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Great feedback.

Thiscomes down to Trust & Chance.

If you Trust your process for aquiring quality clients or if you leave it up to Chance.

I've had 1 check/CC bounce in the last 8 years (that I can remember)

If you Trust your process, sometimeso you gotta put your cohones on the chopping block.

Oh, & she paid. Last night.

Before going by to have a look.

p.s.
I've also got a 13hunnit Shower Restoration gig floating since Wednesday. I just sent the final invoice today.
I've even had some moveouts that were already out of province.
Agree taking a chance but I will roll with that.
I haven't had to take the "Once bitten twice shy " approach .
I can see if I was burnt in the past then I would have to take the rotten apple spoils it for the rest approach.
My moveouts are respectable dwellings as a rule.
Never had a work order signed on my watch!
People want to burn you it doesn't have to be an empty moveout .

sforsmann

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Steve Forsmann
A lot of current and former military where i have absolutely no worries on getting paid. The rest of the customers tend to be military support or health care, again no worries. We do have "hoods" I don't go there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using TMF Forums mobile app

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
This is a big problem for me so now I make it a point to mention how payment is due on completion, I currently have a $300 invoice that's 45 days past due and the owner won't answer my calls or emails, she is about to get a nice letter in the mail. This pisses me off cause she was ecstatic about the cleaning, I removed more than a few red stains from the past tenants.

You're in Vail, Co.- millionaires row. They stiff you there?

Reactions: Mike Krall
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
The "small talk" we make with each client carries lots of useful info...pay attention to what is being said...it may give you clues as to what kind if individual you are dealing with and how much lead way to give them on settling up.

Nice

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I live a college town with over 60 percent rental properties. Also lots of residential clients that just leave the house unlocked or hide a key and I show up and do my thing. I average between 3k to 5k in invoices at any one time. I usually have about one client a year that will stiff me. It is just the way to do business around here.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I live a college town with over 60 percent rental properties. Also lots of residential clients that just leave the house unlocked or hide a key and I show up and do my thing. I average between 3k to 5k in invoices at any one time. I usually have about one client a year that will stiff me. It is just the way to do business around here.

Do the tenants schedule with you or the prop mgmt?

Reactions: DavidB

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
"A mechanic's lien is a security interest in the title to property for the benefit of those who have supplied labor or materials that improve the property. The lien exists for both real property and personal property."

Make one more call, send one last text or email...give them 24 hrs to settle...no response...go with a lien and move on.

http://contractormag.com/columns/mcgreevy/cm_column_574

Anything legal costs time and money. Whenever you have to chase money it's a loosing proposition.

Reactions: Allied

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
Of Course Not. Nonetheless I have a brief 60second tale to tell of what you might consider to be a stupid/foolish act on My part.

I'll skip thru and fill in the blanks if/as comments come along.

So got a online service request from a new lead/prospect for carpet cleaning services on a home they were moving out of.

I never spoke to the lady on the phone, just text and email to schedule her appointment (my online form captures FULL CONTACT information - address, zip, referral source, contact #'s..etc)

She instructed Me that there would be a key left and to please pay attention to the high traffic areas.

Went out there yesterday and indeed she required a Restorative Oscillating Power Scrub of several areas and it brought her tab to just shy of 7hunnit.

*remember, i never verbally spoke nor met this new client*

During the cleaning I sent her before and after pics of the progress - she happily voiced her adoration.

Now, here's the rub...

I told this (never before met nor talked to) new client to come by later, have a look at the results, insure they were aligned with here expectations and THEN at her convience to remit payment online via a secure link I would email her.

Is that loco???

Would you entrust a never before seen, nor patronized client with paying 7hunnit solely on scouts honor?

Wud'ya?

Or am I stu'peed?

6'
If it feels good do it, if your instincts tells you otherwise don't do it. Hope it all works out for you.