Am I missing something?

blktipton

Sep 27, 2016
Real Name
Barry Tipton
Ok fellas, as you know my business is new. I am pretty happy with my pe 500 performance. But, it would appear from everything I read that a truck mount is going to be necessary, if nothing else, for appear to the customer. I make an extra dry pass and have what I beleive to be good dry times. 2 hours or so. But, I do take alot of time on each job, I'm slow now so that's ok. Anyway, the question, do you NEED a truck mount? I have beem looking at a myter escape. From what I see, it will fit in my truck with topper just fine. Is puting an escape in a truck unheard of, or am iissing some crucial point? I would plan on a 55 gal supply and waste tank. 6.5' bed have plenty of room and suspension is rated for it. Obviously accessing things in a truck is a pain, but with ramps it is possible. Alot of questions, I know thanks to the pros.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

blktipton

Sep 27, 2016
Real Name
Barry Tipton
Sorry, please forgive the typos, auto correct and additionally, is a mytee escape a viable option or will I just want more power down the road? I have a generator I can use already, so I don't believe power will be an issue.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Anyway, the question, do you NEED a truck mount?

Yes and no.

I would say stick with what you have for now until you have both enough business and money for a truckmount.

You can do just as good of a job with a portable, it just takes longer and there is all the hassle of the setup. While new in the business you have plenty of time so a truckmount is not as crutial at the moment. As your business grows you will need to become more efficient with your time and a truckmount will be a part of that. When you do get a truckmount buy a gas powered one.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Ok fellas, as you know my business is new. I am pretty happy with my pe 500 performance. But, it would appear from everything I read that a truck mount is going to be necessary, if nothing else, for appear to the customer. I make an extra dry pass and have what I beleive to be good dry times. 2 hours or so. But, I do take alot of time on each job, I'm slow now so that's ok. Anyway, the question, do you NEED a truck mount? I have beem looking at a myter escape. From what I see, it will fit in my truck with topper just fine. Is puting an escape in a truck unheard of, or am iissing some crucial point? I would plan on a 55 gal supply and waste tank. 6.5' bed have plenty of room and suspension is rated for it. Obviously accessing things in a truck is a pain, but with ramps it is possible. Alot of questions, I know thanks to the pros.

Truck mount guys will tell you to get Legend, TCS Chief, shortly some type of truck mount power, portable guys will vouch for Mytee Escape, because is upgrade from portable unit and Mytee Escape guys probably wouldn't care. If your van or whatever you have has pay load at least 1500 lb, go for it, but if you want to stick it to a Dodge Caravan, forget it. Minimum requirements is Chevy Astro. Remember, unlike truck mount you can't deal with much rain, unless all electrical components are protected. This means your tank goes behind front seat, followed by your beloved Escape, which is positioned to the center to avoid getting rained on through the side door. Your genset can be on ether side in the back, depending on exhaust arrangements, usually on right side, so you can do oil change and filter( if applicable) without taking generator out of the van. Make sure power is ample, minimum 10K-13K . You still have room for about 200' of 2" vac hose. Solution hose can be placed in free space between Escape and genset. All heat related parts wil be on the other end, so no risk of melting anything. You'll still have room along side wall for the tile spinner, lint filter, 2 or 3 wands and plenty of room for cleaning solutions on the top of the fresh water tank( recommend skinny Prochem 65 gal fresh water tank)I can go on and on, but for free advice I got you plenty of info. If you like it, use it, if it's not working in your case, keep digging for different ideas.
Good luck andr emember, nothing is impposible

Reactions: Mike Krall

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I used a portable the first five years. When I just could not keep up with the the work load, I got a used TM and put it in the van. A few years later I have an employee that is trained and I am so busy I can not get my refurbed Steamway in my second van for lack of time and we are working the first van and TM to death. You will know when it is time to upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: earl804

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Truck mount guys will tell you to get Legend, TCS Chief, shortly some type of truck mount power, portable guys will vouch for Mytee Escape, because is upgrade from portable unit and Mytee Escape guys probably wouldn't care. If your van or whatever you have has pay load at least 1500 lb, go for it, but if you want to stick it to a Dodge Caravan, forget it. Minimum requirements is Chevy Astro. Remember, unlike truck mount you can't deal with much rain, unless all electrical components are protected. This means your tank goes behind front seat, followed by your beloved Escape, which is positioned to the center to avoid getting rained on through the side door. Your genset can be on ether side in the back, depending on exhaust arrangements, usually on right side, so you can do oil change and filter( if applicable) without taking generator out of the van. Make sure power is ample, minimum 10K-13K . You still have room for about 200' of 2" vac hose. Solution hose can be placed in free space between Escape and genset. All heat related parts wil be on the other end, so no risk of melting anything. You'll still have room along side wall for the tile spinner, lint filter, 2 or 3 wands and plenty of room for cleaning solutions on the top of the fresh water tank( recommend skinny Prochem 65 gal fresh water tank)I can go on and on, but for free advice I got you plenty of info. If you like it, use it, if it's not working in your case, keep digging for different ideas.
Good luck and remember, nothing is impposible
Sometimes being slow has noting to do with machine in question. It's a complex of factors contributing to a final product, like with everything else. Your experience, willingness, size of the job, distance needed to cover, time to set up in general will determine how good or fast or successful you going to be .

Reactions: Barry C