Alternative upholstery/handheld tool for Mytee Lite 3? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Alternative upholstery/handheld tool for Mytee Lite 3?

specializedcc

Jul 2, 2012
Real Name
Cody K
I have a Mytee Lite 3 and sometimes the spray out of the tool it comes with is uncontrollable and oversprays, especially near edges.

The standard tool that comes with the machine does not have a spray that can be controlled when working with all of the contours and valleys of upholstery.

Back in the day, I ran a sapphire scientific with my truck mount. Would something like that work with only 120psi that the machine puts out?

Please advise. Thanks.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The Sheardry from Rotovac might work because you still have to trigger it so you won't be using water constantly. I'd definitely call Mytee for advice on this before you buy it though. I would not use a continuous flow tool with such a small machine because it will empty that little tank faster than you can say scat. Another option might be a tool with an internal jet which will cost less money. I used to use that type of tool for several years, but I'm not 100% certain it will work well with that small machine. Btw, I do use the SS tool, but I never set it for continuous flow so it can be used the same way as the Sheardry, but what's the point IMHO. I find the locking mechanism on the SS tool to be problematic for me. Otherwise, it's a fantastic tool.

I just remembered that I think there is a low-pressure version for the SS tool and possibly for the Sheardry. https://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/sheardry.shtml The TMF store has a good price on the Sheardry. This is the portable version of the SS tool. Pretty good price on it too. http://www.cleanprosupply.com/sapphire-scientific-portable-upholstery-pro-tool-clear-head/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvdXpBRCoARIsAMJSKqKfi6jZCY66Aj4XW-DzWQFrQ34yWRBih7xDDrMnXn05-kRua0aJUuYaAhBTEALw_wcB

Last edited:

specializedcc

Jul 2, 2012
Real Name
Cody K
Has anyone any tips with the existing wand? I have tried everything it seems but that spray is uncontrollable on upholstery.

I'm thinking a vapor steamer might yield better results and just use the portable for extraction...thoughts?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Has anyone any tips with the existing wand? I have tried everything it seems but that spray is uncontrollable on upholstery.

I'm thinking a vapor steamer might yield better results and just use the portable for extraction...thoughts?
My best tip is to learn how to use upholstery shampoo and a sponge. If that sounds foreign to you then you should know some of the top cleaners do exactly that on a regular basis. A sea sponge allows for decent agitation into those tight areas while the shampoo lifts and suspends soil for easy extraction with your machine or with a towel. I like microfiber towels or rags best, but cotton towels can also be used. In cases of lighter soil or in areas where the upholstery is really clean like the backs and sides this is both a time saver and a back saver. I wished I had a time machine to go back to 1987 and tell myself this. Sure would've saved me a lot of time and headaches.

A sponge can apply the shampoo as a very dry foam or a moderately wet shampoo directly to the fabric which is my normal way of using it. The more absorbent the fabric is the less shampoo you want to apply. Delicates need dry foam. You can then wet extract or in some cases use your machine to dry extract to achieve the level of cleaning you're looking to get. You may need to use a defoamer in your portable if you use this method in combination with the portable. Interlinksupply sells a synthetic sponge that I think is better and more durable than a natural sea sponge, but either is cheap and well worth your time to get.

I wouldn't want to be cleaning upholstery solely with a vapor steamer. Just my 2 cents. Encapsulation methods of upholstery cleaning are preferred by some and can be very effective if don't correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRH