All you need are good products to strip and wax | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

All you need are good products to strip and wax

FloorCareChris

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
Some recent vct work. I always let the stripper dwell at least 15 minutes. Wax peels off like a banana peel. Swing machine with a black pad and proper dwell time. Came out beautiful. Pictures may look to have little blotches in the floor but that's actually white paper and other things being reflected. It was a beautiful even shine. Vct doesn't pay as much as marble (not even close) but I seem to get accounts a lot easier. Makes sense I suppose it wear a lot quicker.

clean-sweep

Jan 7, 2010
kentucky
Real Name
ryan hill
Business Location
United States
What products did you use? Did you just go around the desks and cabinets?

FloorCareChris

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
I went under the desks as best I could. A lot of cords to the sides along the walls so I used that as leverage not to do those areas. No one will ever see those areas and besides those desks are made of steel. Took a razor to glue marks or some sort of hunky buildup the Scrubbing pad couldn't get under. Used high alkaline stripper and 25% solid wax. Used unitex products. Their pretty good, boarder line excellent. They haven't failed me yet.

FloorCareChris

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
My swing machine at lower handle angle got under the desks pretty far.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Looks good. All my vct jobs in offices like that I end up doing it right and spending hours scraping under everything to every wall. I figure if someone spends 8 hrs a day at a desk they are sure gonna notice if you just got what you could reach.
Not saying you did a bad job. If that's what customer wanted then your all set. I just find vct a ton of work to do right. Easy to do 90 percent of it. The last ten percent is a pain in the butt.

FloorCareChris

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
Issue is there's all these power cords in the way. I'm not taking risk and assuming all the responsibility if I disconnect something that shouldn't have been.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Yep I tape them to the wall usually. Don't misunderstand, im not trying to criticize. There are always things you can't move. And I have had places where I have to miss spots. Just saying that it takes more than good products to strip and wax, it takes a ton of work. I'll have to look for that brand of product. Always up for trying new stuff.

FloorCareChris

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
It def takes hard work, I was assuming that was a given. Good products though should do most of the work. I always try and get every area. This job had Small areas I didn't get to between the end of the desk and the 1.5 inch to the wall with extension cords jammed in. everything else I got.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smtwn janitorial