All truckmount blower sizes ever available | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

All truckmount blower sizes ever available

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I run a 45 and all I'm saying is good enough is good enough. Carpets are clean and dry quickly. If you ran a huge blower with crazy suction how could you even pull the wand ?
I can clean with any blower. You just adjust the other variables.

Guys run little bane 3 blowers all day long. No problem.

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
how can you tell what size a blower is? Mine i thought was a roots 45, but a mechanic assured me it was a 36. It even says 45 on it, though, i showed it to him and he still didn't believe it.

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
does it have a plate on it with all its info?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I know that through the years I have had machines and blowers of many types. Just wondering what all the sizes that were available. here is what I know of. Know of any more? Have a favorite?

(? represents one I have heard of but not confirmed.)

1) 3
2) 33
3) 4
4) 45
5) 47
6) 56
7) 59
8) 65 ?
9) 69 ?
10) 7 ?
Don't forget the big boy. Steam Action's #9 on it's Stealth.

TechClean

Nov 16, 2009
Canada
www.cleantechsk.com
Real Name
Dustin
Business Location
Canada
I know the most common are 40's.

I have a 56 and I know the physical size of it, but Ross's vortex had one that was I'd say double the size of that! I can't remember if they called it a 6's or 7's. it was crazy.

I have always wondered if the traditional style supercharger (blower) we use on TMs could be improved by using a more moder Twin Screw Supercharger?

Traditional Lobe

6008 baby!
in relation to my size 13 foot

the power is addicting

Attachments

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
6008 baby!
in relation to my size 13 foot

the power is addicting
Have you ever seen Steam Actions Stealth with a #9 vacuum pump? It's a beast. Go to their website and take a look. The new ones are now powered by a Cat diesel.

TechClean

Nov 16, 2009
Canada
www.cleantechsk.com
Real Name
Dustin
Business Location
Canada
Have you ever seen Steam Actions Stealth with a #9 vacuum pump? It's a beast. Go to their website and take a look. The new ones are now powered by a Cat diesel.

i know...
cant imagine it. You would need what, 4 lines running at all times to be cost effective?
going from a 47 to a 59 then a 6008 that was night and day difference enough.
If you wanted to run dual lines just use the truck at idle?lol

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I honestly can't figure out what my Apex 570 is, even with the name of the blower lol. All I know is it sucks well!!

Gardner Denver trilobe HeliFlow® HF408 helical positive displacement blower. Vacuum at 13 in. and flows up to 455 CFM.

I'm guessing it is a medium sized blower.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I honestly can't figure out what my Apex 570 is, even with the name of the blower lol. All I know is it sucks well!!

Gardner Denver trilobe HeliFlow HF408 helical positive displacement blower. Vacuum at 13 in. and flows up to 455 CFM.

GD 408 is pretty close to a roots 47 I believe

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

Gardner Denver trilobe HeliFlow® HF408 helical positive displacement blower. Vacuum at 13 in. and flows up to 455 CFM.

The dirty secret in the industry nobody wants to talk about single wanding with a proper entry level 36 blower machine will have almost the same performance as a SS570 at the wand with just 2" from the tank to the wand. Run 4 to the door with each, again very similar to the wand (within 10%), especially if both are set to the same lift. Cleaning with a regular scrub wand isn't going to allow more than 200 CFM at the wand to pass through it, regardless of how much is generated inside the van.

Dual wanding is different and not in the same sphere as single wanding and are not comparable.

It is hard to get this across to someone who has a big payment and "thinks" they are getting 400+ CFM when they are cleaning. It just doesn't happen though and they get upset when you speak the truth.

Not a dig at all, just a little honesty. I know that I will get clobbered for it, but I'm used to it.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
True Jim, but what about when using something such as a Rotovac? Or a tile spinner? Is it just 200 CFM regardless?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
you have to look at rpm, HP and torque.....

Most rpm is set to only 75% of full capacity - then you will only get 75%..of vacuum cfm.....

Notice most manufactures say up to ???????

Most blowers have to run at 3600 rpm for full output....!!!

Your APEX 570 will get about 400 cfm from what I here....
but could get 450 cfm at capacity..

This is probably why a lot of portables with boosters are catching up on TM vacuum because of the underpowering of blowers and the loss of vacuum in large waste tanks.....

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
True Jim, but what about when using something such as a Rotovac? Or a tile spinner? Is it just 200 CFM regardless?
The 200 CFM doesnt hold on a bonzer or a zipper....
As I use both and was surprised there is still plenty of vacuum for these tools......
From my experience the bonzer and zipper will get closer to full use of your vacuum power......

Reactions: Jim Davisson