All truckmount blower sizes ever available | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

All truckmount blower sizes ever available

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I know that through the years I have had machines and blowers of many types. Just wondering what all the sizes that were available. here is what I know of. Know of any more? Have a favorite?

(? represents one I have heard of but not confirmed.)

1) 3
2) 33
3) 4
4) 45
5) 47
6) 56
7) 59
8) 65 ?
9) 69 ?
10) 7 ?

dlshetler

Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Frank Ricard
Business Location
United States
Anyone know if the Legend GT is a 4 or 45? It's a Sutorbilt 4MVL. I've not really been able to find a lot of info on it.

Ron Danahy

Dec 9, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Ron Danahy
Business Location
United States
Lobe blowers come in every size you can imagine I used blowers that moves as much as 650 cfm to move cement powder. Same blowers we use just bigger

Ron Danahy

Dec 9, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Ron Danahy
Business Location
United States
Lobe blowers come in every size you can imagine I used blowers that moves as much as 1650 cfm to move cement powder. Same blowers we use just bigger

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I know the most common are 40's.

I have a 56 and I know the physical size of it, but Ross's vortex had one that was I'd say double the size of that! I can't remember if they called it a 6's or 7's. it was crazy.

I have always wondered if the traditional style supercharger (blower) we use on TMs could be improved by using a more moder Twin Screw Supercharger?

Traditional Lobe

Twin Screw

New ZR1 corvettes have the twin screw.

Or we could get a "huff and puff". Where they pre turbo charge the supercharger.....

Or even just get a BiG turbo..

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
I know the most common are 40's.

I have a 56 and I know the physical size of it, but Ross's vortex had one that was I'd say double the size of that! I can't remember if they called it a 6's or 7's. it was crazy.

I have always wondered if the traditional style supercharger (blower) we use on TMs could be improved by using a more moder Twin Screw Supercharger?

Traditional Lobe

Twin Screw

New ZR1 corvettes have the twin screw.

Or we could get a "huff and puff". Where they pre turbo charge the supercharger.....

Or even just get a BiG turbo..

Gardner denver makes a screw type 6 series that moves a ton of air,I'm waiting on a quote for one from the local guy that I'd love to use on the machine I'm piecing together. If you look at the stuff eaton is doing with the lobe technology its pretty amazing. I kinda toy with the idea of using an m112 or 122 and over driving the heck out of it. Some of those things can spin 12k rpm's. A turbo would be cool if you could figure out a way to attach a pulley to the impeller.

Reactions: falcans

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Can one ever have a big enough blower?

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Where does Kips mom fit in those suction numbers?

Opps I see it, number 9

Larry Cobb

Mar 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Larry Cobb
Rob;

This is a sneak photo of our new Hi-CFM TM model:

[bimg=bcenter]http://www.this company does not support TMF.com/BigBlwr.JPG[/bimg]

Larry

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Rob;

This is a sneak photo of our new Hi-CFM TM model:

[bimg=bcenter]http://www.this company does not support TMF.com/BigBlwr.JPG[/bimg]

Larry
Now that is awesome!!

You could run like 400 to the door..

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Instead of sucking up shop towels and shredding them, you could suck up someone's living room carpet and shred it!..

JAY

Feb 27, 2010
SALT LAKE, UT
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
The 5.9 works well. Don't know about the others. I think the vortex and aerotech roll with a 6 series? You could wrap and vacuum seal an entire house in about 2 min with one of those things I bet!

I think extraction is under valued. All the emphasis seems to be on Chemical Heat Agitation Time. Without some good suction all the rest won't do Diddley is what I think.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I run a 45 and all I'm saying is good enough is good enough. Carpets are clean and dry quickly. If you ran a huge blower with crazy suction how could you even pull the wand ?

Reactions: extremesteamcarpet