Algae on patio umbrella, best way to clean?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Algae on patio umbrella, best way to clean??

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I have cleaned my patio umbrella with degreaser and light bleach solution and it all came out, furniture too and it was all the same green color.... test first as always

CcCleaner

Jul 28, 2011
ma
Real Name
Cole Clifford
Business Location
United States
@SAA steve, do you clean the cushions first to remove "regular" soil before dealing with the mildew?

Thanks

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Yes, what ever they may need but it is often hard to tell with the mildew. I tend to brush them aggressively to remove dry soil and the solution will take care of the rest, since it is the mildew that is the problem.

SAA

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Well, I took someone's advice and used my Water Hog on it and turned the pressure down to the minimum needed to knock the lichen, mold, and mildew off of the umbrella. Then I used the stuff Steve recommended and it turned out pretty good.

I looked online and found that the customer could purchase a brand new umbrella for about $279 to $500 so he may have a small cow when he gets the $115 bill. Oh well, can't win them all! I may give him a discount since he has some rental property that I will be cleaning for him next week.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Never give your work away. People will pay premium for many reasons. You are worth your wages, tell them the price with conviction. You are thinking what you can afford and that does not matter.

Also, take photos and show them the before and after, always. (show us also)

SAA

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Never give your work away. People will pay premium for many reasons. You are worth your wages, tell them the price with conviction. You are thinking what you can afford and that does not matter.

Also, take photos and show them the before and after, always. (show us also)

SAA
Yep, I am thinking, I wouldn't pay that, but I figure if you live in a gated community then you can probably afford the bill. I will post some pics when I can take some in the daylight. It was getting dark when I got finished with it.