Air.O carpet

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 28, 2016
Real Name
Richard Davis
Cat whizzed along baseboards in 2 upstairs rooms on wood sub-floor, it stanks bad. 1 room dog has used entry of room several times. Maybe I can the cat whiz but have to replace the tape which I can't find locally. The dog whiz I need to break the seam to get plastic under to saturate carpet & pad. Anyone know how to break seam, guess not like heating up and pulling up. Probably have to just cut. Thinking to pass this up but seems like a great challenge

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Tape is 3" wide find center and go out 3". This will give you the 1.5" on both sides for your new tape to adhere.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you think you can. Open original seam and carefully cut the tape without touching carpet. Then use iron to burn off original tape. Which I'm sure will smell great lol. I usually just cut my own new seam. Because you never know if the installer before screwed up. And you find the seam to have a piece repaired in it. Then you got a mess.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
No this is hot melt in my pic. Is this job you're looking at installed or loose lay? Like over tack strip and pad? If installed it should be hot melt. But I have seen double stick a few times. Not correct but it sure does stick.

Aug 28, 2016
Real Name
Richard Davis
There are no tack strips, pad is built into carpet system. The tape from what I found out is Air.O double stick in replacement of tack strip. Guy at shop says its also used to seam. They don't stock because it's new but ordered a roll. Was told to pull up tape where I pull up along basebords and replace. From what I gather the hot melt tape will not sticl well to the poly felt backing. Guys I was talking to look like there not sure. I should walk away but if this is the new way got to figure it out

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol I'm sorry buddy. I completely missed the Airo part. I haven't even come across that one yet. These mill's crack me up with these new carpets :D
Maybe Mike has come across this @MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
very curious too see how this stuff does with our high temps.

so itll be fun to remove tacks installed over concrete so does concrete need patched prior to tape installing? im sure it will have a clause that tape must be completely attached too concrete.

other issue is efflorescence, we have some bad concrete in our area very hard water. so concrete always suffers and i bet that tape will fail

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
very curious too see how this stuff does with our high temps.

so itll be fun to remove tacks installed over concrete so does concrete need patched prior to tape installing? im sure it will have a clause that tape must be completely attached too concrete.

other issue is efflorescence, we have some bad concrete in our area very hard water. so concrete always suffers and i bet that tape will fail
Wonder if they except perimeter glueing their carpet Instead of tape. Freakin double stick tape :D maybe they're just throwing homedepot a bone. "There! Homedepot installers can't fk this up now."

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
yea crazy it's funny 1/2 the time but you still gotta rip up tack. it annoying tearing out tack

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
yea crazy it's funny 1/2 the time but you still gotta rip up tack. it annoying tearing out tack
I can see why you dont like ripping strip. Concrete is a pia. But around here to install that carpet. You'd need to pick each and every staple including the strip.
I dont know how that carpet will handle flooding to remove urine. It must all be laminated together somehow.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I can see why you dont like ripping strip. Concrete is a pia. But around here to install that carpet. You'd need to pick each and every staple including the strip.
I dont know how that carpet will handle flooding to remove urine. It must all be laminated together somehow.
just peel up take outside and hose off :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Top Bottom