Air Hog 7300-S Glitches - Nathan?? Anybody Home? John? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Air Hog 7300-S Glitches - Nathan?? Anybody Home? John?

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
I've sent emails to Nathan at Mytee waiting on him to respond (I won't hold my breath) but here is another glitch I've found with the Air Hog 7300-S under heavy use:

Air Hog 7300-S Stand Alone - I doubt there is the problem I'm listing below but most people buy this as a booster with apo and don't use it stand alone - that is most.

Air Hog 7300-S chained to another Air Hog 7300-S or 6.6 vac motors (both have same issues) with the first Air Hog setup to do apo - Because of the increased air flow the small recovery tank on the first AH bounces dirty water splatter off the top lid (even with apo working fine) and then into both the pipe to it's motors and out the top port on the back where it's chained!

Maybe this is something I've never paid attention to but how much splatter do the typical extractor vac motors pick up? I would imagine that all extractors ingest some splatter to some point but it seems like the Air Hog 7300-S was not well designed to handle a large amount of air flow. I'm looking into a way to modify this to prevent it but I'm not sure how I'd do this - it might be related to the fact the port used to chain the 2nd extractor is at the top.

I don't know - maybe this is a toy - a roto-molded plastic toy more or less designed for hobbyists or occasional use - or maybe just hooked up to a low powered porty that has no lift or low air flow?

nrpepper

Aug 4, 2006
San Diego
Real Name
Nathan Pepper
Jim,

I think we have already communicated on this item. We have tested our boosters in a variety of setups, including being run with large gas mounted truck-mounts. I think what is happening here is a fairly simple fix, and I have already sent something out for you to try.

Thanks.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I agree, a 6 to 12 gallon tank is too small for water recovery with high air flow...

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Jim,

I think we have already communicated on this item. We have tested our boosters in a variety of setups, including being run with large gas mounted truck-mounts. I think what is happening here is a fairly simple fix, and I have already sent something out for you to try.

Thanks.
Nathan, thanks for the quick overnight service. I've already tried elbows to direct the waste water closer to the bottom of the recovery tank - didn't fix it. I'm angling the elbow towards the left wall and changing the AH to be slightly higher on the back end to force dirty water to pool where the apo is. I'm also adding an auto defoamer... All this might be enough hopefully.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app