Air dusting Rugs?! No Badger OR Wolverine | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Air dusting Rugs?! No Badger OR Wolverine

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Here's us doing some rug dusting at the old Warehouse we have an old Kirby as the blower
No offense (really, i'm not being mean here) but why would you not use a grate and on top of that why would you air dust and them flip the rug over and air dust again? the rug is re-collecting the dirt and dust and the dust is not being collected.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
No offense (really, i'm not being mean here) but why would you not use a grate and on top of that why would you air dust and them flip the rug over and air dust again? the rug is re-collecting the dirt and dust and the dust is not being collected.
Yes we flip them two or three times then follow with vacuuming

well the main reason you don't use a great is it would push the dust deeper into the rug the air hunt hits the solid surface blowing the dust forward with a grate it just pushes it deeper down

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Have you ever hung a rug and used a backpack blower from the backside? Try some time...
Well Jim we had use a cordless backpack leaf blower but never gas one due to the fact he wouldn't want a stinky up high-end Oriental rugs

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Well Jim we had use a cordless backpack leaf blower but never gas one due to the fact he wouldn't want a stinky up high-end Oriental rugs
Never had a problem with odor, but I flood 95% of them afterwards anyway and odors don't transmit after that. The blower method is a 98% effective dry soil removal method, it spanks the crap outta any other method I've used. You couldn't give me a one trick pony rug badger.

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Never had a problem with odor, but I flood 95% of them afterwards anyway and odors don't transmit after that. The blower method is a 98% effective dry soil removal method, it spanks the crap outta any other method I've used. You couldn't give me a one trick pony rug badger.
Good Idea!!!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Have you ever hung a rug and used a backpack blower from the backside? Try some time...
Never thought about a gas powered leaf blower connected to a wand and floor it.
Wow I cant wait to try this

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Never thought about a gas powered leaf blower connected to a wand and floor it.
Wow I cant wait to try this
Hang the rug and put the blower nozzle right up to the rug backing, no wand.... Let it flow through the back of the rug into the air. Vacuum first and then try this, you will be shocked. Do it with 4 o'clock sun for the best effect in your video.

Reactions: LeeRoy

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Electric I can see. Gas leaf blower on a Oriental geez. Takes one oil line, or fuel leak. Wow.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Electric I can see. Gas leaf blower on a Oriental geez. Takes one oil line, or fuel leak. Wow.

Dude, you are like the AOC of TMF! Seriously in 28 years of running the same Echo blower I bought at the factory in Lake Zurich... it has NEVER blown a suction only fuel line and who the fück has a blower with an oil line??? Are you even for real!?

Reactions: LeeRoy

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hang the rug and put the blower nozzle right up to the rug backing, no wand.... Let it flow through the back of the rug into the air. Vacuum first and then try this, you will be shocked. Do it with 4 o'clock sun for the best effect in your video.
The MacGyver of carpet cleaning is now the Larry the Cable Guy

Dude really think of the repercussions of one that drop of 2 stroke gas on a high-end tapestry
Wow
I've been doing this for a long time and have a great deal of experience with Oriental rugs the very thought of running gas anywhere close to one gives me the shivers of unprofessionalism

Maybe your customers don't care

but mine know that I caret enough they'll actually mail me rugs from other states to have them cleaned

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Dude, you are like the AOC of TMF! Seriously in 28 years of running the same Echo blower I bought at the factory in Lake Zurich... it has NEVER blown a suction only fuel line and who the fück has a blower with an oil line??? Are you even for real!?
Justified if you want do whatever you like dude

It's hard to call it professional or proper

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The MacGyver of carpet cleaning is now the Larry the Cable Guy

Dude really think of the repercussions of one that drop of 2 stroke gas on a high-end tapestry
Wow
I've been doing this for a long time and have a great deal of experience with Oriental rugs the very thought of running gas anywhere close to one gives me the shivers of unprofessionalism

Maybe your customers don't care

but mine know that I caret enough they'll actually mail me rugs from other states to have them cleaned
If you hang a rug how are you getting gas on it?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
If you hang a rug how are you getting gas on it?
Two-stroke smoke goes everywhere lol

You're just trying to justify something unjustifiable lol

It's just like when people argue that a Crb is not a good tool lol
The fact is they can't afford the right tool

Why don't you just scrub them down with black stripper pads and call it a day

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Two-stroke smoke goes everywhere lol

You're just trying to justify something unjustifiable lol

It's just like when people argue that a Crb is in a good tool they can't afford the right tool
How far does my TM exhaust have to be from a rug when I in plant clean one? Do I have to watch the wind? Are you selling wind socks too?