Air dusting Rugs?! No Badger OR Wolverine | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Air dusting Rugs?! No Badger OR Wolverine

OceanClnrs

Dec 17, 2018
Real Name
Sandy Henriquez
Hello TMF Fam!

We've been picking up with Rugs lately and are looking to do a better job with dusting to improve our service... BUT it is still not the best time for us to buy a Badger or Wolverine duster.

In the meantime, we were looking for a more cost efficient method and are now glancing at the air dusting method, but dont know enough about it.

Whats a good air compressor to use? Suggested HP? What wand/extension do you use or better yet, where to buy?

ANY FEEDBACK is immensely appreciated. Thank you!

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Largest compressor you can afford. It would be more sbout air capacity then anything else. Works well. Also a Sanitare with beater bar works well. Surely don’t need a expensive dusted but they are pretty cool

Attachments

OceanClnrs

Dec 17, 2018
Real Name
Sandy Henriquez
Largest compressor you can afford. It would be more sbout air capacity then anything else. Works well. Also a Sanitare with beater bar works well. Surely don’t need a expensive dusted but they are pretty cool
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

How about those Wands we see attached?

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Not so sure I know what wand your referring to

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
To properly "air dust" you'll need a serious air compressor (rotary screw). Anything else just simply wont keep up. Not sure what the badger or wolverine cost but im pretty sure its cheaper than a rotary screw air compressor.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m thinking by the sounds of it he’s just wanting “a way” of dusting that’s affordable.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hello TMF Fam!

We've been picking up with Rugs lately and are looking to do a better job with dusting to improve our service... BUT it is still not the best time for us to buy a Badger or Wolverine duster.

In the meantime, we were looking for a more cost efficient method and are now glancing at the air dusting method, but dont know enough about it.

Whats a good air compressor to use? Suggested HP? What wand/extension do you use or better yet, where to buy?

ANY FEEDBACK is immensely appreciated. Thank you!
I'm a big fan of air duster you can get one pretty quick if you take a 8.4 vacuum motor hook up a hose to the discharge side and run it through carpet wand

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I'm a big fan of air duster you can get one pretty quick if you take a 8.4 vacuum motor hook up a hose to the discharge side and run it through carpet wand
Hum wonder if a 6.6 would work hahaha

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hum wonder if a 6.6 would work hahaha
Yep all you need is an old carpet all you have to do is Hook the end of that wand to a hose and the other end of the hose the vacuum motors exhaust and blow away

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
May want to check out rugchick.com . Lisa has a blog section and one of them is The Mother of all Equipment posts .
Kind of a post on “ low buck “ vs. “ high dollar “ equipment so someone getting started gets some ideas . Not promoting her or anything but the blog is worth reading . Hope it helps .
All the Best , Ed

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
May want to check out rugchick.com . Lisa has a blog section and one of them is The Mother of all Equipment posts .
Kind of a post on “ low buck “ vs. “ high dollar “ equipment so someone getting started gets some ideas . Not promoting her or anything but the blog is worth reading . Hope it helps .
All the Best , Ed
She does know her stuff

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yep all you need is an old carpet all you have to do is Hook the end of that wand to a hose and the other end of the hose the vacuum motors exhaust and blow away
But should I use a 8.4, or 6.6., in parallel or series.. and where do I hook the black pad up to?!

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Now I’m confused where the black stripper pad goes?!

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
All kidding aside, hum I may have to try this with my kirby

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Now I’m confused where the black stripper pad goes?!
Will a real man puts one under each foot. Turns on the chubby checker record and does the twist until the flipping works done!! Like a super tough guy Mann dude

But a weakling stick some under 175 like a whiny cry baby wuss loser has been

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Every since I bought my Sentria 2 I’ve yet found the time to learn about all the accessories. I think I have homework....