Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@OxiFreshGuy

I am loosing 6-8 jobs every week right now as I am booking out 2 weeks. In addition, I hired a local marketing firm in December to help me take it to the next level.I have a new website that is launching later this week and their marketing plan all goes into action next week with a mid 5 figure monthly spend.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
So you get a free labor motivated guy for 2 days =)

Lol if I wasn't in the middle of starting this company it would've been a good offer two years ago. But now I see the $$$ and there's just too much money to be made in my market! Now if you want to talk about scaling an agreement scenario as a franchisor in STL, perhaps!

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Spazznout;

I respect your answer here and IMHO, you are one of the fortunate ones who has developed that segment. However, you are unusual; one of a kind. And that's a compliment!

I make the comment above because I know of a Gentleman who is in the Heating & Cooling business (20 years) with a list of established customers. He purchase a huge truck specially designed/engineered to do Duct cleaning. Within a few years, he had to sell it and take a loss because of lack of income within that segment. He told me it was a tough nut to crack.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
So you get a free labor motivated guy for 2 days =)

Lol if I wasn't in the middle of starting this company it would've been a good offer two years ago. But now I see the $$$ and there's just too much money to be made in my market! Now if you want to talk about scaling an agreement scenario as a franchisor in STL, perhaps!
My model requires you work our systems for 2-3 years first. New locations are not purchased, but are for techs that are a part of our family and will carry our ethics, systems and community responsibility with them to a new city.

Unfortunately you cannot buy or teach those traits in a 6 mos class.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
What's the spread after 2-3 years?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Spazznout;

I respect your answer here and IMHO, you are one of the fortunate ones who has developed that segment. However, you are unusual; one of a kind. And that's a compliment!

I make the comment above because I know of a Gentleman who is in the Heating & Cooling business (20 years) with a list of established customers. He purchase a huge truck specially designed/engineered to do Duct cleaning. Within a few years, he had to sell it and take a loss because of lack of income within that segment. He told me it was a tough nut to crack.
Ed. I am not unique.

Nor Lucky, trust me on that.
I have wasted tens of thousands of dollars over the last 9 years learning how to run a Bizz. My only saving grace as I preach often on here is that I have always ran a debt free company. This allowed me to make big mistakes and not have them sink me. Because I always paid cash for those bad purchases of services, tools, marketing etc I have made over the years .............this made my mistakes pre-purchased. There was no piper to pay as he had already been paid in full, no refunds.

There are a half dozen Air duct cleaning companies with 5+ trucks in my market. And dozens and dozens of one and two truck operations. In addition most HVAC companies offer it as well.

I think you underestimate how much money is being spent on indoor Air Quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
What's the spread after 2-3 years?
Not going into a lot of details as we are getting into proprietor territory as what I have designed is a model not in place anywhere in our industry.

But expected annual pay benefit for a partnering owner would be 120K-350K per year depending on the size of market as well as the number of crews in daily operation.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Seems like a good deal for a young guy who wants to invest in owning something. Someone like me who already has 5 years into the industry I don't think I can do 2-3 years of working for someone else. I'm already in the business tier.

However, my experience may allow me to scale faster and bring different perspectives.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
My model requires you work our systems for 2-3 years first. New locations are not purchased, but are for techs that are a part of our family and will carry our ethics, systems and community responsibility with them to a new city.

Unfortunately you cannot buy or teach those traits in a 6 mos class.

Yea it’s definitely not faster having “Free labor” for a couple days. It always takes a lot of time and money to train.

I have air duct cleaning equipment just haven’t fooled with it after I purchased it lol

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
@OxiFreshGuy

I am loosing 6-8 jobs every week right now as I am booking out 2 weeks. In addition, I hired a local marketing firm in December to help me take it to the next level.I have a new website that is launching later this week and their marketing plan all goes into action next week with a mid 5 figure monthly spend.
So your paying 15k a month for seo and digital lead gen avenues?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
So your paying 15k a month for seo and digital lead gen avenues?
Working into it yes..........I would love to go all in at once, but I do not have enough employees to do so. We did a test run in Jan with just a 20% of our target spend. It kept my guys working 6 days a week now all winter long. We usually drop to 4 day weeks for Jan and Feb due to winter. Even in mild winters.

So we are working into it over the next 6 months. I have 2 Apprentices that are going to be promoted to full tech in the next few months. I really need 3 more on in the next 4 mos though to capitalize all the way.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I wish more carpet cleaning owners would realize the true power of marketing.

no rugrets

Mar 1, 2021
Real Name
Hunter Richmond
At the risk of showing just how green I am, where would you say you the most value when getting your feet wet with carpet cleaning marketing?

coming from another industry completely moved and joining in-laws 7 year old small startup. I just built a new website and am hoping to carve out the opportunity for me to generate an income. It’s been casually run and I’d love to get bang for my buck, or better yet mostly for effort to get the ball rolling.

I’m also very new to this forum so, if this is a subject best to death and I’m being one of “those guys” a good keyword to search would be great too