Air Duct Equipment Advice Sought

Jun 20, 2017
Real Name
Nicholas Bokas
I'm currently researching air duct cleaning equipment and I would like to know how the different methods compare. I've read as much as I can from this forum but I have some specific concerns.

I was originally looking at the Cleancraft Spinvax 1000xt. I like the idea of a physical brush inside the ductwork, sweeping back into a vacuum. I also have limited space for this in my van, and a budget of $4000 so I was ruling out negative air. Compressor systems are interesting as well, but it seems to me they are best used in conjunction with negative air. The Hypervac & Nikro systems seem great but would be beyond my budget.

Since I'm adding vacuum suction, I would like to have the option to use this addition vacuum power to boost my portable carpet cleaning machine. I imagine I could adapt any vacuum system to connect to my vacuum hose run, anyone done this?

Bobby111

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
A truckmount is the only way to go. For Commercial areas that are not accessible

a negative air machine with a compressor big enough to run your agitation equipment

will be necessary. You con't clean ducts with spin vax and rotobrush. They don't have the power to get the dirt out.

You can make money with a spin vax. but you cannot clean ductwork.

VAIL

Jun 16, 2017
Real Name
RICK VAIL
I'm currently researching air duct cleaning equipment and I would like to know how the different methods compare. I've read as much as I can from this forum but I have some specific concerns.

I was originally looking at the Cleancraft Spinvax 1000xt. I like the idea of a physical brush inside the ductwork, sweeping back into a vacuum. I also have limited space for this in my van, and a budget of $4000 so I was ruling out negative air. Compressor systems are interesting as well, but it seems to me they are best used in conjunction with negative air. The Hypervac & Nikro systems seem great but would be beyond my budget.

Since I'm adding vacuum suction, I would like to have the option to use this addition vacuum power to boost my portable carpet cleaning machine. I imagine I could adapt any vacuum system to connect to my vacuum hose run, anyone done this?
moto brush at steam brite kicks but hooks up to drill this will get you started around 900 bucks this will get you started make sure you buy the 18 inch brush with it use a dry fogger for air to clean furnace it will be enough for now if you use your potable make sure to use a dust downer or you will plug up the brushes run off drill so use a good drill and have a back up electric with cordless bypass furnace coils cut duct with shears use 1 inch unibit to drill 4 corners than patch with flashing and tech screws and tin tape i started like this now i have a 20000$ unit its called a heat seal this is a very different than carpet cleaning and very risky if you do not know what you are doing hyper vac has a video watch it all and all you should be able to start up for 1500$ your biggest challenge will be cleaning the furnace with the fogger make sure you have it turned so it only ships air and not chemical the pics are of hot and cold air returns

Attachments

Reactions: ronman

VAIL

Jun 16, 2017
Real Name
RICK VAIL
moto brush at steam brite kicks but hooks up to drill this will get you started around 900 bucks this will get you started make sure you buy the 18 inch brush with it use a dry fogger for air to clean furnace it will be enough for now if you use your potable make sure to use a dust downer or you will plug up the brushes run off drill so use a good drill and have a back up electric with cordless bypass furnace coils cut duct with shears use 1 inch unibit to drill 4 corners than patch with flashing and tech screws and tin tape i started like this now i have a 20000$ unit its called a heat seal this is a very different than carpet cleaning and very risky if you do not know what you are doing hyper vac has a video watch it all and all you should be able to start up for 1500$ your biggest challenge will be cleaning the furnace with the fogger make sure you have it turned so it only ships air and not chemical the pics are of hot and cold air returns
don.t be mistaken between roto brush and moto brush yes you can use your portable it will take longer never let someone tell you you can not do something i am living proof use your portable tell you can afford to upgrade the thing you have going for you is most people do not know the difference i forgot to tell you to get the hose down the hot and cold air duct use chimney rods and tape them to the hose you can get them at any hard ware store and stay away from commercial for now we will get into that after you upgrade you are on the right track there is big money in this and i have cleaned many multi million dollar homes we all have to start some where
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1506 (1).JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

Bobby111

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
"" Most people dont' know the Difference''?????????

My point exactly. The difference between a Crook and an Ethical Businessman''

Shit Duct Cleaning only creates a health hazard for the Occupant.

VAIL

Jun 16, 2017
Real Name
RICK VAIL
"" Most people dont' know the Difference''?????????

My point exactly. The difference between a Crook and an Ethical Businessman''

Shit Duct Cleaning only creates a health hazard for the Occupant.
don.t be so hard on yourself where are your pics you don.t have any do you my point is it does not matter what you use as long as the results are the same you must be mad do you even know how to clean ducts i can tell from the way you try to discourage new comers that you are terrible at what you do because you have no proof from what i can see you like to talk but that is it and we all know talk is cheap

Attachments

VAIL

Jun 16, 2017
Real Name
RICK VAIL
don.t be so hard on yourself where are your pics you don.t have any do you my point is it does not matter what you use as long as the results are the same you must be mad do you even know how to clean ducts i can tell from the way you try to discourage new comers that you are terrible at what you do because you have no proof from what i can see you like to talk but that is it and we all know talk is cheap
i will call you bity bobby

Bobby111

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
Bity Bobbi Says,

Your Photos would look more CREDIBLE if they were a before and after of the exact

same duct. Unfortunately the duct cleaning industry isn't regulated. Its like anything

its a buyer beware market. Fortunate for guys likeyou.

Bobby111

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
That said.I would not waste money on cheap equipment. You may get away with it.

But you might not. And those brush systems with shop vacs don't have the power to

get the big debris out on a really dirty system and they can't clean big main Trunklines.

Bobby111

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
That said.I would not waste money on cheap equipment. You may get away with it.

But you might not. And those brush systems with shop vacs don't have the power to

get the big debris out on a really dirty system and they can't clean big main Trunklines.

VAIL

Jun 16, 2017
Real Name
RICK VAIL
Bity Bobbi Says,

Your Photos would look more CREDIBLE if they were a before and after of the exact

same duct. Unfortunately the duct cleaning industry isn't regulated. Its like anything

its a buyer beware market. Fortunate for guys likeyou.
ya i guess i do mix them up sometimes good eye doing ducts with your truck mount will damage your blower FYI LOOK REAL CLOSE THEY ARE TAKEN WITH CELL PHONE SO THE ANGLE WILL CHANGE AND THE ROD HOLES ARE DIFFERENT WHY ARE YOU SO BITTER IS IT BECAUSE YOU ARE STRUGGLING MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP PRETENDING TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE YOU BLIND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR PICS EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP DO NOT RESPOND TILL I SEE YOUR PROOF ARE YOU DRUNK

Attachments

VAIL

Jun 16, 2017
Real Name
RICK VAIL
ya i guess i do mix them up sometimes good eye doing ducts with your truck mount will damage your blower FYI LOOK REAL CLOSE THEY ARE TAKEN WITH CELL PHONE SO THE ANGLE WILL CHANGE AND THE ROD HOLES ARE DIFFERENT WHY ARE YOU SO BITTER IS IT BECAUSE YOU ARE STRUGGLING MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP PRETENDING TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE YOU BLIND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR PICS EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP DO NOT RESPOND TILL I SEE YOUR PROOF ARE YOU DRUNK
it is hard to tell on some of my pic these one,s are better thanks for bringing it to my attention i will start to take better pics
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0409 (1).JPG
IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1728 (1).JPG
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_1713.JPG
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Great pictures vail, I had no problem sorting them out. Remarkable difference.
In my area though, we have a lot of plastic ducts, so brushes are out.
I'm reading up here now, trying to figure out what I'll need to get started.