Ahrefs or Semrush? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ahrefs or Semrush?

Discussion in 'Local Internet Marketing SEO' started by Beeks, Apr 17, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Beeks

Beeks Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Male
    FL
    Ratings:
    +573 / 3 / -0
    They seem the same to me for the most part, recently got Ahrefs but not commited long term. What are your go to tools for SEO?

2. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,604 / 3 / -0
    SEMrush and sometimes the free version of the others for now. No matter what you use they seem to get different results!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Beeks

Beeks Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Male
    FL
    Ratings:
    +573 / 3 / -0
    I hear ya, no matter where I look I find something different.

Anyone else have site recommendations?

4. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,604 / 3 / -0
    majestic too - again - I use the free version. You only get a few searches a day.

5. shane deubell

Premium VIP

May 8, 2006
    Male
    Ratings:
    +17,709 / 83 / -5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Houston-Carpet-Cleaners

Jan 3, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It really depends on what you're trying to get. every tool is different, provides different insights, and they're never inconsistent so there is no real true value in their data, aside from understanding trends. (Answer given to me by my SEO guy when I asked what those were)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Whole House Carpet Cleaning

May 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    You really need all 3, there is some overlapping date; but they all have completely different flagship functions.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dane West

Dane West Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Male
    WRT, ASD, PCO, Entrepreneur
    New York, NY
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Paid semrush if you want to be serious about your SEO game. Keep track of competitors in their dashboard and see where you are at historically.

Ahrefs offers a free version which I like to use and keep track of links. It saved me a ton of $ in spotting out junk links with low DA and even worse posts. Will probably get the paid version as we've launched a few more sites.

Kk Gents time to go dry something .. happy weekend everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Goldstein

Joe Goldstein New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ahrefs has been my go-to tool for a long time, and they've added new features pretty aggressively. Be sure to check out their link intersect tool to quickly reverse-engineer your competitors' links.

SEMrush's big advantages are the PPC data and the historical organic data. Ahrefs will tell you who's ranking for a keyword today, but only SEMrush will tell you who was ranking three months ago.

10. Ahrefs
    Excellent backlinks checker, which also has other fantastic tools

SEMrush
    Excellent tool to do keyword research, competitor research, analyse and chose right keywords for your business to gain higher conversion