Agitation

b_rollins_bdcc

Oct 10, 2021
Real Name
Brandon Rollins
Yo What’s up to all, I’m new to TMF just wanted to get some opinions about what’s better for agitation, a
sebo duo or an Oreck Orbiter. I know a CRB is probably top of the line when it comes to agitation but 2000+ is not what I’m willing to spend atleast not right now. What are your thoughts?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
your going to learn quick that what your really selling is not carpet cleaning. Your selling your time.

And the best equipment saves...............................time. so its not going to cost more, buying cheaper equipment that takes longer to do the best job will cost you more in the long run. Plus, if you spend more money on the right equipment, you can do a better job which translates into ......................................higher paying customers and repeat customers

So go ahead and *save* money.

BTW, even the best equipment does not guarantee the best job. Its all in the person running it. So if your (the person running the equipment) mindset is to save money, your mindset will also tell you to save time ie speed up the job which translates to less than stellar results.

I love the cleaners that are cheap when it comes to equipment and then complain when their customers are cheap

Just sayin, yo

• Love
Reactions: rob allen

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Oreck works. But it is slow. I used one for a long time. But i only used it on wear areas and room entrances and stairs. If you’re doing large rooms you’ll want to get something thats faster. A 175 floor machine 13 or 17” will out pace the oreck. Or search ebay for an old host machine. Oreck is still a nice tool to have. Its great for touch ups and small padcapping work.

b_rollins_bdcc

Oct 10, 2021
Real Name
Brandon Rollins
your going to learn quick that what your really selling is not carpet cleaning. Your selling your time.

And the best equipment saves...............................time. so its not going to cost more, buying cheaper equipment that takes longer to do the best job will cost you more in the long run. Plus, if you spend more money on the right equipment, you can do a better job which translates into ......................................higher paying customers and repeat customers

So go ahead and *save* money.

BTW, even the best equipment does not guarantee the best job. Its all in the person running it. So if your (the person running the equipment) mindset is to save money, your mindset will also tell you to save time ie speed up the job which translates to less than stellar results.

I love the cleaners that are cheap when it comes to equipment and then complain when their customers are cheap

Just sayin, yo
Appreciate the input

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I have 10'' and 15'' CRB. They are overpriced but a must have for residential carpet cleaning in my opinion. Especially for houses with pets.

They give agitation and they dig out all the crap and pet hair your vacuum misses. Vacuums probably get out 85% - 90% and the CRB gets the 10% -15% your vacuum misses. That you are cleaning over if you don't use a CRB and that can give you problems as the carpet dries with wicking or bod odors especially that wet dog odor from pet hair still in the carpet.

Make sure you get a CRB with trays.

Last edited:

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I have an OLD 175 13 inch. with tank, my most used, would no do for commercial , large, wide open areas,

but for resid if feel it is a good choice.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Appreciate it. right now I have an oreck. I was trying to see if a sebo duo was a step up or if I’m good with my oreck until I can afford a CRB
It’s not a step up.

b_rollins_bdcc

Oct 10, 2021
Real Name
Brandon Rollins
I have 10'' and 15'' CRB. They are overpriced but a must have for residential carpet cleaning in my opinion. Especially for houses with pets.

They give agitation and they dig out all the crap and pet hair your vacuum misses. Vacuums probably get out 85% - 90% and the CRB gets the 10% -15% your vacuum misses. That you are cleaning over if you don't use a CRB and that can give you problems as the carpet dries with wicking or bod odors especially that wet dog odor from pet hair still in the carpet.

Make sure you get a CRB with trays.
Will do thanks for your help

Shepicus Rex

Nov 16, 2018
Real Name
Mike Shepard
Yo What’s up to all, I’m new to TMF just wanted to get some opinions about what’s better for agitation, a
sebo duo or an Oreck Orbiter. I know a CRB is probably top of the line when it comes to agitation but 2000+ is not what I’m willing to spend atleast not right now. What are your thoughts?
Check out Electrolux's Floor Pro. You can find them cheap all over and they do a respectable job with regards to agitation. Plus they have brushes for short pile and rotational combs for thicker carpet. Works like a champ and you can usually find them around $150. Hell, a new one is only ~$500.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Check out Electrolux's Floor Pro. You can find them cheap all over and they do a respectable job with regards to agitation. Plus they have brushes for short pile and rotational combs for thicker carpet. Works like a champ and you can usually find them around $150. Hell, a new one is only ~$500.
What are rotational combs?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States