Agitated about agitation

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I love cimex don't get me wrong but I can easily carry a 15in crb with 1 hand with wand in other hand.

Cimex or 175 is not impossible to carry up 2 flights of stairs, which many homes here have, but imo not nearly as practical and in 95% of situations the results will be the same whether you scrub with 1 or the other.

Reactions: Allied and ratfool

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Hey guys,

So for Carpet cleaning I've always used the old fashion carpet rakes, but I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile and now it's time.

I've heard good things about the brush pro- I've seen it work and I think it looks great. One of my trusted carpet cleaning "advisors" says that he personally would have one in each truck.

I've read some posts here on TMF saying that the Orec orbiter is also a good option.

I'm not dead set on either. The brush pro looks great, but am I the only one that thinks it's a bit overpriced? If you guys say it's worth the money, I would buy it no hesitation.

I guess I just want to see what you guys think.
Prespray good and rake it in,, most times that's all you need,,,

I would look into a 13 floor machine they are cheap and really do a great job because you can run a riser on the pad driver or carpet brush and run 17 inch pad drivers and brushes.
I do not see the need to waste money on an orbitor or a crb

Reactions: Grn Steamer

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
For scrubbing filthy carpets crb all the way. I have the 15" strong dry, I got it for $1800 brand new. TMF also sells them as well. They are not heavy and easy to carry, digs alot of crap out of the carpet, when it scrubs the carpet already looks amazing, all you need to do is extract. After the scrubbing it feels like you are extracting a clean carpet. go for it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think all these crb's are way over priced for a brush that spins round and round.
Thats 2 brushes that spin in opposite directions. :)

And if any TMF member wants a great deal, call me personally. ;)

Joey33

Feb 24, 2017
Real Name
Joe oayette
You really should get with one of your suppliers and try them out in different situations and different types of carpet.

Agitation goes back as far as carpet cleaning has existed. Most manufacturers will put it in print they do not want rotary machines on their carpets and it could void the warranty. This is with good reason for most rotaries, especially the rotary extractors. Still many use them and love/hate them. To each their own. I owned and used them and just never cared for them, with good reason.

When it comes to CRB's they are a great tool and versatile. I used them from the late 90's until 2016 (almost) until I quit cleaning carpets. After I started using them, I would never have cleaned a carpet without one again. Still, I used them a little differently than most.

As for the ultimate machine to actually 'agitate' the carpet, get the best type of agitation and not distort or damage the construction of the carpet, there is nothing (as of yet) that works like a Cimex Machine using nylon brushes. I know many will say something about the weight and means of carrying one with them but all one has to do is get a 15" Cimex and that situation and problem is solved. I used a 19" machine my first 12 years in business and I used a 15" for the next 29 years and it works amazingly well in residential as well as commercial. No, I am not talking about Encapping with it (although it does that better than anything else out there for that as well) I am talking about agitation, the distribution of one's pre-spray or whatever chemical they use for soil suspension.

One of the greatest points of a Cimex, besides it is the only machine with the action to agitate the entire fiber, is it also will go over uneven areas without a problem, it has no torque to it so it does not damage weak seams nor does it damage weak areas of a carpet that has delam problems (rotaries can do a lot of damage here, especially rotary extractors). Try to run any rotary (except the Cimex) over the edge of a carpet along a metal transition or over the edge of an area rug or to even try to scrub the fringe of an area rug. The Cimex will do all of this without a problem, no other rotary will, if you are not sure, try it first before you argue something you may not know about.

Here are a couple of videos that show the use of a CRB and a Cimex as well as small area rugs and going over the edges. Hopefully this will help in your pursuit of either the best agitation means you could have or whatever may work for you with whatever you are trying to accomplish.

Also, in the first video, when you get to about the 4 min mark, see if any of your agitation choices with do what the Cimex does with not only the small area rug and agitating over the edges but also with the power cord. This should help make it obvious that the Cimex will not cause damage as all the other rotaries would.

Here is what should go on in a class at a distributor or even getting one to work with you to see what different machines can do. Do your own homework, test them out for yourself. Nothing wrong with getting opinions but you really want to do your own due diligence. Once you buy something, it is yours.

SAA
You really should get with one of your suppliers and try them out in different situations and different types of carpet.

Agitation goes back as far as carpet cleaning has existed. Most manufacturers will put it in print they do not want rotary machines on their carpets and it could void the warranty. This is with good reason for most rotaries, especially the rotary extractors. Still many use them and love/hate them. To each their own. I owned and used them and just never cared for them, with good reason.

When it comes to CRB's they are a great tool and versatile. I used them from the late 90's until 2016 (almost) until I quit cleaning carpets. After I started using them, I would never have cleaned a carpet without one again. Still, I used them a little differently than most.

As for the ultimate machine to actually 'agitate' the carpet, get the best type of agitation and not distort or damage the construction of the carpet, there is nothing (as of yet) that works like a Cimex Machine using nylon brushes. I know many will say something about the weight and means of carrying one with them but all one has to do is get a 15" Cimex and that situation and problem is solved. I used a 19" machine my first 12 years in business and I used a 15" for the next 29 years and it works amazingly well in residential as well as commercial. No, I am not talking about Encapping with it (although it does that better than anything else out there for that as well) I am talking about agitation, the distribution of one's pre-spray or whatever chemical they use for soil suspension.

One of the greatest points of a Cimex, besides it is the only machine with the action to agitate the entire fiber, is it also will go over uneven areas without a problem, it has no torque to it so it does not damage weak seams nor does it damage weak areas of a carpet that has delam problems (rotaries can do a lot of damage here, especially rotary extractors). Try to run any rotary (except the Cimex) over the edge of a carpet along a metal transition or over the edge of an area rug or to even try to scrub the fringe of an area rug. The Cimex will do all of this without a problem, no other rotary will, if you are not sure, try it first before you argue something you may not know about.

Here are a couple of videos that show the use of a CRB and a Cimex as well as small area rugs and going over the edges. Hopefully this will help in your pursuit of either the best agitation means you could have or whatever may work for you with whatever you are trying to accomplish.

Also, in the first video, when you get to about the 4 min mark, see if any of your agitation choices with do what the Cimex does with not only the small area rug and agitating over the edges but also with the power cord. This should help make it obvious that the Cimex will not cause damage as all the other rotaries would.

Here is what should go on in a class at a distributor or even getting one to work with you to see what different machines can do. Do your own homework, test them out for yourself. Nothing wrong with getting opinions but you really want to do your own due diligence. Once you buy something, it is yours.

SAA

Thanks a lot to you and everyone else for your help. I was thinking this over through the weekend and I think I'm gonna grab a brush pro tomorrow. Agitation with the Pre spray before HWE is precisely what I want think too for.

The low moisture cleaning is a cool benefit too that I'll look into in the future.

Thanks guys,

Joe

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The levels of investment in agitation machines are obviously pretty varied. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

I am content with a relatively inexpensive 15" ProCaps machine, it does what I need and is easy to maneuver and isn't much heavier than a standard vacuum cleaner. For guys that do this all day, every day, something heavier duty and more durable would likely be in order. Brush Pro may be pricey, but has an incredible reputation in this neck o' the woods for performance and durability.

Cimex does indeed produce amazing results, and the way the heads move is pretty unique, but alas I don't have enough hands-on time with one to really give an opinion on it except to say it's heavy as heck and I found it cumbersome.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Many machines can agitate the carpet, none of them can get pet hair out like the CRB.

Today.

IMG_1496718276.229365.jpg

IMG_1496718289.303306.jpg

IMG_1496718300.837320.jpg

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
Crb- 1450$ powrflit......15". Weighs 50 lbs
Sebo crb 14" --500$.... Weighs 20 lbs
Orbot 13"- 500$ weighs 30 lbs

175 rotary 13"-17"- 600-1000$. Weighs 60 -120 lbs

Use the sebo and orbiter for homes and stairs
The crb and 175 for trashed rentals and commercial

Imhave owned all 4
Only advantage to the 175 is the tank......
as the crb tanks only dribble out and do not give enough solution
175 may have a little more weight necessary for commerical

I also believe crb is eisier and faster...but the tank will slow you down...

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
just posted on this not too long ago. I now carry two CRB's on the truck

Have a HOST T-6 machine for small residential jobs and steps. lightweight and maneuverable

Also have a Brush Pro 17 (have a 20" for commercial but way to bulky for residential) for most residential. Reason I have this is because the Brush Pro RPM's are higher which makes the job go quicker. That and I have a renovator on one side to catch the gunk it takes out of the carpet so it keeps it out of the Devastator.

A good used HOST machine on ebay goes for about $500. I just picked up the Brush Pro 17 on ebay for $1600 including shipping (got $100 in ebay bucks too!) The 17 goes for about $2800 new.

Reactions: vibra vacster

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
All good post's, basically any form of mechanical agitation is and will be better then just using a carpet rake, I have a 15 inch CRB and love it, also have a 17 inch 175 with a solution tank mounted on it, a carpet brush plus the pad driver so i can use most anything on that, also have the little oreck orbital, they all have their place
The key is to know when to use which tool depending on the situation as in carpet type and soil condition, as well as accessibility to the job and if stairs are involved or not, this comes over time with experience

Latest posts