Aerotech Xt: The ultimate truckmount? Overview and Review

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
From a marketing stand point wouldn't you have nearly the same visual impact on customers by having a box truck with a slide in instead of an AT setup? Rarely do I have customers walk outside and look at my machine, just a few guys here and there but rarely women.

Lets say for example a customer sees this setup which is a judson:
DraperC4Vegas-750x300.jpg

And this setup which is an Aerotech:
carpet-cleaning-truck-aerotech-truckmount-nissan-ud.jpg

The visual effect to the customer will be the same. One costs a lot more then the other but they look the same. So IMO the paying the big $ for the marketing and visual effect of an AT is moot.
Absolutely...

TechClean

Nov 16, 2009
Canada
www.cleantechsk.com
Real Name
Dustin
Business Location
Canada
I'll agree Will. But again Let's compare apples to apples.
If your going to build an at look alike and say it's cheaper you need to be buying a bran new cab over, custom box, machine, Mount, reels and everything! Lol. Believe me it adds up extremely fast. It's what I was originally going to do.

Now onto building a clone with used truck sure is cheaper. But also used at's out there cheaper then your used build clone :p

That judson box truck is set up great if you have seen video of the inside :)

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Mine is way cheaper then a new my old vortex and the A/T's.........my truck is not diesel.......it runs on regular gas.....it does not have to sit there pushing 1500 RPM to get the PTO moving....less were and tear on my engine.....so in the long run I am saving a ton of money.....

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Mine is way cheaper then a new my old vortex and the A/T's.........my truck is not diesel.......it runs on regular gas.....it does not have to sit there pushing 1500 RPM to get the PTO moving....less were and tear on my engine.....so in the long run I am saving a ton of money.....
So hows the thermal wave? I worked with one of those for a while problem was couldnt use the high speed setting because the machine would overheat and shut down....then the machine was shipped from hawaii back to blueline was gone for 4 or 5 months and when it got back....wasnt fixed....lol...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
Aerotech is all you big guy.
its been a thought. I have a plan. If the plan works out, I will go one way. If it doesn't, I take the other road. But seriously, you asked what cost $80k? 870, $32k. Promaster, $30ish, Sprinter $50ish, Isuzu box $60ish. All being equal and new. Obviously, used is half the price. @Todd the Cleaner has heard of my plan (pipe dream in other parts of the country) but we will see what happens. Lots of variables. The AT would be a great truck to run multiple wands off of, higher production, bigger accounts etc. We shall see what happens. I have at least a year to see what direction I will go.