Adwords one more again | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Adwords one more again

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
So i'm about to part ways with adwords. All i'm doing is shelling out money. Not getting business, my ads have been optimized, my keywords have been made efficient, the whole nine yards, but still no new business. Today was the final straw. I noticed today within 1 hour 3 clicks off of 28 impressions. That is a 10% click through rate. Something fishy. Combine that with the fact that even google admits that on my campaign there has been quite alot of fraudulent clicks they have found, yet they won't do anything about these three for the next 7-10 days. No more. I have a carpet cleaning business to run, i don't have time to hold Google's hand every day to do what i pay them to do. Now i have another lead generating company who has guaranteed me 40-50 leads a month with a 40-50% estimated conversion rate for 199 a month. No contracts. Name is your elite solutions. I'm thinking i'm gonna give them a try. Google is too much like a bad marriage

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
How's the website looking for when they click over?

Are you spending more than 600?
It's not a 5,000 dollar website, but it's efficient. Gets the point across and yes i'm spending a little over 600 a month with google and no ROI at all.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Moreover if Google knew what their best interest was they would be interested in helping me figure out whatever I'm not doing correct because the more money I make the more money they make they're not interested in helping figure out whatever I might be doing wrong which I'm not and I'm not interested in spending more money with them

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Moreover if Google knew what their best interest was they would be interested in helping me figure out whatever I'm not doing correct because the more money I make the more money they make they're not interested in helping figure out whatever I might be doing wrong which I'm not and I'm not interested in spending more money with them
David and Goliath. Except...david loses.

I hear ya. Google can't fix my 500 error message. It's been over three weeks.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
I get a nice ROI with adword express,, if you are getting alot of clicks and no calls it might be your offer or the landing page.

Reactions: Artie09

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
First off didn't you say you do only in home estimates?

Ad words is an impulse buy, people want a process in 60 seconds not 2 days.

Bad match up which is why I said you have no clue.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
My ROI is all jacked up cause @212.0 keeps clicking my ads....I know it's you cracka!!

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I get a nice ROI with adword express,, if you are getting alot of clicks and no calls it might be your offer or the landing page.
I'm getting about 150 impressions a day. Avg. About 1 click a day. Zero phone calls. I've spent 500 with google and made 100. Doesn't work for me. They freely admit i have lots of invalid and fraudulent clicks but then want to turn around and charge me 44 for that crap today that's obviously fraudulent

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I'm getting about 150 impressions a day. Avg. About 1 click a day. Zero phone calls. I've spent 500 with google and made 100. Doesn't work for me. They freely admit i have lots of invalid and fraudulent clicks but then want to turn around and charge me 44 for that crap today that's obviously fraudulent
What do you do all day?
Are you sitting there watching your google dashboard, then the phone, then the dashboard, then the phone.

Just sayin.
You are going to mentally exhaust yourself before you even get started.
Understand that marketing is tricky. Its nothing but trial and error and building off of your wins.
You are going to spend a lot of money learning how to make your ads make your phone ring.
The reason is there is no one size fits all magic formula that works in all markets.

If you are going to continue marketing online, you need to go to the library or book store and start reading.
And this is no bust.
I need to do the same myself.
I still do NOT have SEO or ad words or even a pros website.
I stuck with what I was comfortable with and is tried and true.
Traditional Print advertising.

Reactions: Gasoline