adwords again

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
so today was my first full day with my ad going in my hometown back in alabama. had 175 views today but ZERO clicks. average position is 1.5. so scratching my head again. 400,000 people in my home 175 views you would think i would have had a click or call

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
give it a week or so and see how it goes.
You are not out any cash so you are good there.
Next step is to change up your ad people see when you come up on google.
You need different wording or offer or something to entice folks to either click through to your site or call. It takes time and testing to get it right. This is the nature of all marketing. There is NOT a one size fits all way to do marketing or writing ads. And even when you nail an ad it has a life span. For me it is around 3 months. After that even the home run ad goes stale.

Just trying to keep it real.

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
give it a week or so and see how it goes.
You are not out any cash so you are good there.
Next step is to change up your ad people see when you come up on google.
You need different wording or offer or something to entice folks to either click through to your site or call. It takes time and testing to get it right. This is the nature of all marketing. There is NOT a one size fits all way to do marketing or writing ads. And even when you nail an ad it has a life span. For me it is around 3 months. After that even the home run ad goes stale.

Just trying to keep it real.
good info. i didn't even think about the ad getting stale. i put up 4 more ads under the ad group "carpet cleaning" i have 2 ads under "carpet cleaning coupons" and one under "rug cleaning". the coupon ad group only had like 15 impressions today so i'm not worrying with that right now, the rug cleaning had 31 impressions which was interesting considering this is a military town and the rest fell under the carpet cleaning group. now all day i've only had the one ad in carpet cleaning as of now i have 5 under the group as a test to see which one(s) get the most impressions and/or clicks. then i'll throw the rest away, glad you said it though about the ad getting stale after a while.