Advice? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Advice?

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
I am the owner of a (primarily) pest control company (2 employees). We are in 600-800 homes per year. These are loyal customers we see every month. Last year I added pressure washing and gutter cleaning. This year I added sanitation. Our schedules are booked and we average between 3k and 6k weekly. I'm about to hire another tech. Would it be worth it to me to expand my services to include carpet cleaning? My company is called CrossMark Home Services and my goal it to provide homeowners with many useful services with one call. I feel I already have a pretty good list of prospects as soon as I start marketing.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Of course adding services is a great idea, but and its a big but, you need to get educated on carpet cleaning.
While it seems pretty simple, right now you don't even know what you don't know.
So I would invest in a set up (and thats a whole other process) and some training.
Then do as many free test cleans as possible for family and friends before offering the service.

Reactions: CrossMark

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
Of course adding services is a great idea, but and its a big but, you need to get educated on carpet cleaning.
While it seems pretty simple, right now you don't even know what you don't know.
So I would invest in a set up (and thats a whole other process) and some training.
Then do as many free test cleans as possible for family and friends before offering the service.
Good advice. Thats exactly what I'm doing.