Advice on why me new Bentley swivel is streaking? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Advice on why me new Bentley swivel is streaking?

Randy B

Aug 17, 2020
Real Name
Randy Baylor
I recently purchased a Ti Mytee Bentley swivel head wand on EBay. I’m happy w the weight and performance, but having problems with the jets streaking or leaving heavy wet lines in carpet. It does already has the wider spray pattern jets and I’ve turned pressure down to 350psi, but still happening. This wand did not come with the sleeve to custom cut the length of the wand, but I’m 6’2 and not sure that’s the issue? The jets seem pretty close to the carpet IMO...I don’t love the extra drag from the Stainless glide that came with it, is there a thicker Teflon glide option for this? Would that thickness perhaps help pull jets away from carpet enough to stop the streaks? Any input would be appreciated!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It sounds like the jets may be too close to the carpet. I had to put 110 degree jets in the center. The outer two jets can either be 80 or 95 degree although the 95's might shoot out slightly too far past the vacuum manifold. Yes there is a teflon option or at least there should be by now and yes it will raise your jets up some. I have a holed Greenglide on my Bentley and it works well. I would still prefer a slotted glide and may switch it out later on. The glide will make it much easier to push than the metal glide that comes with it. I think I heard Greenglides was bought out or something recently and I'm not sure they ever made one for the Bentley. Mine was supposed to be a test run. All I can say is they got it right the first time. I only wished it was slotted. I'm not too crazy about the holed glides. Here are a couple pics of what mine looks like. You'll have to call to find out if they are making one for the Bentley yet. I know of no other place to get one. All I needed was a rubber mallet to install it.
20190415_173152.jpg

20190415_173248.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri

Randy B

Aug 17, 2020
Real Name
Randy Baylor
Thank you guys. The wand and jets are Only 3 months old and with only part time use on them. The jets are stainless steel 110 degree and the other # is 1.5 ( flow rate I assume? Could that be the problem?)
I’ll look into the glide. Where’s best place to buy the green glide if I don’t have any luck finding slotted? It’s crazy what some places charge for a piece of Teflon!

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
might be clogged holes on your glide or not enough suction or glide leaking suction
best way to test is remove the glide, inspect inside the lip of your wand and try cleaning.
hope this helps

Reactions: Fedri and Randy B

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Something somewhere is wrong I use the 5 jetted bentley on all my jobs with 10 flow 400 psi is the sweet spot for me and still getting excellent recovery with my etm, I advertise 2-4 hours of drying times.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Make sure the area right behind the glide is not clogged, I do check daily and I carry an exacto knife to clear any hair or debris that is stuck there. Also check your line, somewhere some how there is an air leak that reduces your air flow. few days ago for some reason I didn't tighten my boss filter properly and the whole work I was also wondering the same thing why things are left wet behind then I noticed there was a husssss sound from my boss filter as I was walking near it and fixed the issue the screws were not tight enough to seal it properly.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It sounds like the jets may be too close to the carpet. I had to put 110 degree jets in the center. The outer two jets can either be 80 or 95 degree although the 95's might shoot out slightly too far past the vacuum manifold. Yes there is a teflon option or at least there should be by now and yes it will raise your jets up some. I have a holed Greenglide on my Bentley and it works well. I would still prefer a slotted glide and may switch it out later on. The glide will make it much easier to push than the metal glide that comes with it. I think I heard Greenglides was bought out or something recently and I'm not sure they ever made one for the Bentley. Mine was supposed to be a test run. All I can say is they got it right the first time. I only wished it was slotted. I'm not too crazy about the holed glides. Here are a couple pics of what mine looks like. You'll have to call to find out if they are making one for the Bentley yet. I know of no other place to get one. All I needed was a rubber mallet to install it.
View attachment 94201
View attachment 94202
Where did you get your glide from?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Where did you get your glide from?
I got it from Greenglides. It was one of the first they made for the Bentley Ti wand I think. The fit was extremely good and very easy to install. I still prefer the slotted glide which is what I used for a number of years. I just checked their website and they're still not showing one for the Bentley. It's been well over a year since I got mine.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I got it from Greenglides. It was one of the first they made for the Bentley Ti wand I think. The fit was extremely good and very easy to install. I still prefer the slotted glide which is what I used for a number of years. I just checked their website and they're still not showing one for the Bentley. It's been well over a year since I got mine.
Thank you