Advice on when to buy new trucks?

zpyroro

Aug 4, 2022
Fresno CA
Real Name
Brown Moe
Business Location
United States
I see so many cleaners fixing and wrenching on their trucks and crying the blues. The kicker is though that they have been in business for 5 plus years and have a solid clientele built up. So why keep fixing the hoopty? Why not buy new and reduce your head aches greatly? At what point should a cleaner buy new instead of someone eases problems?

KobeHancock

Jan 5, 2023
Real Name
Kobe
Buy a new truck if you feel you need a new truck. I’m actually more interested in where you folks find new jobs. For me, it seems unreal to find something reasonable that would pay off well.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I keep mine for about 9 years. BUT I spend a lot of time and money on regular maintenance. In addition to biweekly and monthly maintenance, I take my machine to Jon Don every year for total maintenance. The money I spend more than makes up for it running all year long without any downtime. I HATE it when your on a job and something does not work when its supposed to, especially when your a high end cleaner in a high end home.

When I do sell them, they look and run like new so I can still get top dollar.

That being said, thats what I have done over the years. Got my last setup three years ago, so thats it until I hang up the wand.