Advice on rug

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wsufan18

Aug 8, 2017
Real Name
Adam Henning
Newbie here. I must have made an impression with the owner of the local vacuum store. He is now recommending me to his clients. Since I am new to CC, and never have cleaned a rug, I would have said no to this lady, but he referred her to me so I am trying to continue my good relationship with him.
The rug has dog urine in it. It is in my garage now and I don't smell it, and very little staining on back. I told her $100 since this is more about learning than making money. 8'x10' rug. I was planning on vacuuming, some type of pet urine pre-spray, agitate and HWE. The rug fibers are very thin, so I don't think I need to make a soaking tub. But thought I'd post here for any additional thoughts.
As always, thank you all for contributing to this forum. I have learned so much from your expertise and willingness to help!

Adam
rug.jpg
rug2.jpg

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
The backing on this rug will make it difficult to clean. I would advise turning down the work or subbing it out to a local rug shop that has experience with this.

This is not a rug you want to start on.

Should you decide to clean it, key points - limit moisture; dry it upside down with air movement; use some Hydrocide to remove any remaining odor after cleaning.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Scotts advice is sound. I might add you could dry compound it then deodorize it like Scott said.

wsufan18

Aug 8, 2017
Real Name
Adam Henning
If It cannot be cleaned the client already committed to throwing it away. If I can clean it its worth $100 to her. So an educational lesson for me with a possible $100bill. I will try to limit the moisture, then dry raised above ground upside down with airflow above and below. Deodorize again if needed.
Ill post results.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If It cannot be cleaned the client already committed to throwing it away. If I can clean it its worth $100 to her. So an educational lesson for me with a possible $100bill. I will try to limit the moisture, then dry raised above ground upside down with airflow above and below. Deodorize again if needed.
Ill post results.
Be careful. A client who says "if you can't fix it I'm going to throw it away anyway" is often a client who turns around afterward and hands you the bill for a new rug, since YOU touched it last.

Just sayin'.