Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
Hello all,
I got a call from a marketing firm that wanted to sell me an ad spot on the TV's at my local Lifetime fitness. Has anyone ever done this, has it worked? It is $1,000 - 1,200 for a 15 second spot that rotates through out the day on 10 min. intervals. The spot lasts for the entire year! (sounds like overkill to me, I would start ignoring the ads after the 1st week.) Did I just answer my own question?

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
I go to lifetime and I have never seen any ads...seems like they have a TV or 2 dedicated to theese in the facility.
I may offer to advertise there but Id say, but can I be your go to carpet tile and grout cleaning company so I can say in my ad thats who you use?

Steve Samoska

Jul 8, 2011
A, A
1chicagocarpetcleaner.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
They were asking me also. I would say most people who choose are women so were is the add by treadmills? those machines mostly the women are at? I would say thats very important now a days they all have phones and if the ad is correct I am sure they will look you up on phone or save your number

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Hello all,
I got a call from a marketing firm that wanted to sell me an ad spot on the TV's at my local Lifetime fitness. Has anyone ever done this, has it worked? It is $1,000 - 1,200 for a 15 second spot that rotates through out the day on 10 min. intervals. The spot lasts for the entire year! (sounds like overkill to me, I would start ignoring the ads after the 1st week.) Did I just answer my own question?

How many people watch TV when they go to the gym? I watch the TV on the little elliptical screen. Never do I pay attention the the screens up high. Those are mainly in the free wait section.

Our Anytime Fitness allows local businesses to market for free. As franchise owners they are strongly encouraged to do this. This might be another route instead, if you have an Anytime Fitness around you. We've also advertised with two other gyms. We only received calls when it was geared towards better health, blah blah blah.

Is it $1,000 per month or for life?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Met with a guy selling the same thing here. I passed, 1600 members and 68% were men. Not our demographic. He wanted $1400 a year.
I did that while in Fla..They also had Fitness centers in addition to many local restaurants known for waiting lines for max exposure. I knew at best it would only be good for branding nothing more...I was right...did it for two years and may have gotten 2 calls. Not something I would suggest.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
How many people watch TV when they go to the gym? I watch the TV on the little elliptical screen. Never do I pay attention the the screens up high. Those are mainly in the free wait section.

Our Anytime Fitness allows local businesses to market for free. As franchise owners they are strongly encouraged to do this. This might be another route instead, if you have an Anytime Fitness around you. We've also advertised with two other gyms. We only received calls when it was geared towards better health, blah blah blah.

Is it $1,000 per month or for life?
I paid 1,400.00 per year Per 30 TVs.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I paid 1,400.00 per year Per 30 TVs.
Yuck... And only got two calls...

We've never paid a gym they're usually more then willing to trade or help a local business as well.

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
What I was being sold was the $1000 for the entire year. They said they had 2 or so TV's that would display the current events and announcements in the main area, the Ads would be on a split screen right next to the announcements. I am really not sure about the whole fitness club thing, I have NEVER set foot inside one, my workouts come from hard work around the house.

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
Yuck... And only got two calls...

We've never paid a gym they're usually more then willing to trade or help a local business as well.
That is a really good idea, trade a bi monthly janitorial cleaning or carpet cleaning of their facility for advertising in their facility. Then you can tell everyone you meet that you clean the xyz fitness club as a feather in your cap.

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
That is a really good idea, trade a bi monthly janitorial cleaning or carpet cleaning of their facility for advertising in their facility. Then you can tell everyone you meet that you clean the xyz fitness club as a feather in your cap.
Still not worth it! Something for NOTHING still = NOTHING!

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Too few people stop and watch those things and it doesnt match up anyway.

At my doctor's office it makes more sense because we are all sitting there waiting.
Still wouldnt do it but that makes way more sense.

Reactions: Mrs.SpeedySteamer

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Too few people stop and watch those things and it doesnt match up anyway.

At my doctor's office it makes more sense because we are all sitting there waiting.
Still wouldnt do it but that makes way more sense.
Agree, also the ads are ran in loops so your add make take 20-30 minutes to show up and then for usually 15 -30 seconds.