Direct Mail EDDM - Advertising With No Discount. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Advertising With No Discount.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what your customer thinks. and many of them want to feel like they are getting a deal to call you. It's just they way that consumers are conditioned..
Have you tried marketing the other way or are you just sharing your side as fact?

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I by things on "sale" all the time. I generally ignore the original price because it is irrelevant to me.
ok.. so you agree that you take part in this little consumer game.. so why won't you capitalize on it? You allow other's to do it to you with out seeing it negatively but think there is something wrong for your company to do the same thing?

no I have never put out a ad w/o an incentive on it.. that seems pointless to me.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
ok.. so you agree that you take part in this little consumer game.. so why won't you capitalize on it? You allow other's to do it to you with out seeing it negatively but think there is something wrong for your company to do the same thing?

no I have never put out a ad w/o an incentive on it.. that seems pointless to me.
I have taken part and I get annoyed. I get emails from many companies that send me coupons and "sales" daily or weekly and ones that offer sales once every few months. Want to know which I actually read?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I'm sure there are guys getting $50/area where you are too. I don't think I'm the norm here.
Sure there are...Doing a Few jobs a week maybe? We never do less than 35 JOBS a week per VAN! If I thought I could GET that much here ...Would be ALL over IT! Really...Florida..Central..NOT MIAMI or the KEYS they will Laugh yus out the DOOR with those prices!
Stanlee dropped their PRICES BIG TIME in this area to compete..

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
The incentive is quality service and for now an o/o model.

It worked for me so far with my ad that a lot of people on here said was a failure.

Now I trying to scale my business up to be full time within a month or two so I am asking to see if anyone has tried it.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have taken part and I get annoyed. I get emails from many companies that send me coupons and "sales" daily or weekly and ones that offer sales once every few months. Want to know which I actually read?
They wouldn't be doing it if it DID NOT WORK! Think JON DON..INTERLINK..ETC The leaders in our INDUSTRY...THINK they're STUPID!...NO..Simply PUT..IT WORKS!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

It worked for me so far with my ad that a lot of people on here said was a failure.

Now I trying to scale my business up to be full time within a month or two so I am asking to see if anyone has tried it.
GOOD LUCK... without an OBVIOUS INCENTIVE! EVERYONE Claims They are GREATEST! Get the JOB and PROVE IT! KEY Word...GET the Job so you CAN PROVE IT!

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
GOOD LUCK... without an OBVIOUS INCENTIVE! EVERYONE Claims They are GREATEST! Get the JOB and PROVE IT! KEY Word...GET the Job so you CAN PROVE IT!
It's in the proper marketing, networking, and referrals. I don't say in the greatest. But I am honest and stand behind my work and word gets out there.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I

I get what you are saying.. I hope others will respond that have tried this.. I guess I am saying you CAN get the both of best worlds.. offer the customer and "incentive" and KEEP them based on quality. See that customer will always want the same deal you gave them before, so the trick is to make the "deal" work for both of you.. I have seen guys do coupons that won't even pay for their gas on a job.. I know you don't want to play the game.. Neither do I!! Seriously I don't! But this is what consumers have been conditioned for.. I mean really think about it.. We are forced to play the game because we are selling to consumers who have been conditioned this way by all industry's

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
It's in the proper marketing, networking, and referrals. I don't say in the greatest. But I am honest and stand behind my work and word gets out there.
That Will ALWAYS WORK within a Time Frame...Just dont count on getting calls from print ads when your competitors are doing DISCOUNTS...percieved or whatever...these are Folks that Do Not Know Your Good reputation...YET!

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Chaim, you admitted your self to buying something on sale.. I bet you felt good buying that thing on sale.. I bet you were more compelled to buy it because it was on sale.. why do you think people have sales?

Key is have a sale.. don't work for less than you are worth.. and then charge a premium on upsells... then call me from your yacht to shoot the breeze. This is simply how it works.. you said that you have been doing it one way but want to grow. Growth involves change.. to reach a larger amount of consumers you will be forced to play their game.. it sucks that this is how it is but it is true. That does not mean that those people will not appreciate your quality and attention to work.. it's simply an "in".

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
I
I get what you are saying.. I hope others will respond that have tried this.. I guess I am saying you CAN get the both of best worlds.. offer the customer and "incentive" and KEEP them based on quality. See that customer will always want the same deal you gave them before, so the trick is to make the "deal" work for both of you.. I have seen guys do coupons that won't even pay for their gas on a job.. I know you don't want to play the game.. Neither do I!! Seriously I don't! But this is what consumers have been conditioned for.. I mean really think about it.. We are forced to play the game because we are selling to consumers who have been conditioned this way by all industry's
I appreciate the response and can tell you truly get it. I think it really depends on the target market. Just trying to see if anyone has tried both ways to offer some insight.

Like I said earlier my ads with no discount have gotten a decent return but most of my business is referrals and networking so maybe that was just luck.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Chaim, you admitted your self to buying something on sale.. I bet you felt good buying that thing on sale.. I bet you were more compelled to buy it because it was on sale.. why do you think people have sales?

Key is have a sale.. don't work for less than you are worth.. and then charge a premium on upsells... then call me from your yacht to shoot the breeze. This is simply how it works.. you said that you have been doing it one way but want to grow. Growth involves change.. to reach a larger amount of consumers you will be forced to play their game.. it sucks that this is how it is but it is true. That does not mean that those people will not appreciate your quality and attention to work.. it's simply an "in".
Didn't feel good to buy anything on sale. It was the right price for that item. In other words I don't know or care what the pre sale price is.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
All about 'PERCIEVED VALUE' MOST folks wanna' think they 'Skinned a CAT' with your Super Dooper DEAL! On the other hand you will hear from the few and FORTUNATE here that CLAIM they get 50 cents SFT or Stay Home...HMMMM Interesting topic for the LIE DETECTOR!
I would love you to elaborate on your comment so we can have a discussion about that without disrespecting each other

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I appreciate the response and can tell you truly get it. I think it really depends on the target market. Just trying to see if anyone has tried both ways to offer some insight.

Like I said earlier my ads with no discount have gotten a decent return but most of my business is referrals and networking so maybe that was just luck.
referrals are not luck.

Latest posts