Adjusting vaccum relief valve

Bakerb

Nov 4, 2018
Real Name
Ben Baker
I have a lot of questions, but about 15 years ago I had a similar situation. The petroleum hose from the blower to the tank had delaminated and loaded the blower hard with the lid of the recovery tank. Do you think there's an issue from the blower to the tank?
We’ll I have pulled the one side of the petroleum hose (I believe that’s what it was, it connect blower to waste tank?) off to clean the vacc relief valve. I have not pulled it all off to check. My filters are good. I pulled the round filter just before leaving the waste tank and it looked great. I have not checked from that filter through the first 90 and the other part of the hose.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
On my Bluewave my hg gets up to 18 or 19 and shits the machine down. I have taken valve apart and out multiple times. Any thoughts on what I can do. I can hold valve slightly open and it does not shut the machine off. This is when the hose and wand is hooked up.
You can drill holes into the disk that opens and closes. Start by drilling one hole at a time until you reach the desired lift. This is a partial form of what is called "free flow." One advantage of free flow is it frees up available horsepower and can save fuel because it reduces unnecessary loads on the engine.

Bakerb

Nov 4, 2018
Real Name
Ben Baker
I will try this. A better idea than what I had tried was putting something to prop it open. Thank you