Adjusting vaccum relief valve

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I installed a vac gauge from master mccar it fit great and was showing 11.5 .... I tightened the relief valve to 13.75 ..
Dont run yout TM for 8 yrs with no vac gauge .

Reactions: DakotaG

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I installed a vac gauge from master mccar it fit great and was showing 11.5 .... I tightened the relief valve to 13.75 ..
Dont run yout TM for 8 yrs with no vac gauge .
Do you have a link?

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
It's always a good idea to use two vacuum gauges when you adjust the lift. The one on the panel may not always be accurate. Its just a fail safe precautionary measure.

And by the way Joe Cool that lift is insane!

Reactions: Allied

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
$60 shipping included
Yo Rick...i completely forgot about this post...is the valve still available?

If so PM me info on how you want to get paid. I often use PayPal, so if you have an account i can gift you the $ so no fees will be collected by them.

Thanks!

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
If it said 15 that's what I would set it at. With out hoses.
Not really disagreeing with 15Hg with a 20HP 36 blower . However I have noticed for instance that Prochem sets their Blazer's 36/3L relief valve
at 13Hg. The 36/3L and 47/4L blowers have longer impellers and are considered low pressure as opposed to medium pressure
blowers like the 33/3M or 45s. For instance a 47 has about 2 inch longer impellers that do the 45 or Sutorbilts 4M (M) which of course stands for medium pressure. Usually the 47 is a better dual wand blower because of its much greater air flow and cfms but usually cleans at a little lower Hg because manufactuerers of truckmounts want them to last longer as do the blower mfg therefore the set the relief valve at 14Hg whereas they may set a 45/4M's relief valve at 16Hg. This is not the always the case but makes sense if you think about it.

Bakerb

Nov 4, 2018
Real Name
Ben Baker
On my Bluewave my hg gets up to 18 or 19 and shits the machine down. I have taken valve apart and out multiple times. Any thoughts on what I can do. I can hold valve slightly open and it does not shut the machine off. This is when the hose and wand is hooked up.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
On my Bluewave my hg gets up to 18 or 19 and shits the machine down. I have taken valve apart and out multiple times. Any thoughts on what I can do. I can hold valve slightly open and it does not shut the machine off. This is when the hose and wand is hooked up.
I have a lot of questions, but about 15 years ago I had a similar situation. The petroleum hose from the blower to the tank had delaminated and loaded the blower hard with the lid of the recovery tank. Do you think there's an issue from the blower to the tank?