Additional Charges

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I had in all this years three Mexicans employees that worked in carpet cleaning companies in the USA like Stanley steamer or coit, they had serious problems adjusting their work to Mexico because they said that the clients in the USA are easier than here the carpet are almost destroy when they call you with very heavy soil.
In Mexico the average client cleaned their carpet 6 or 7 years ago so it's extremely dirty, but they want it like new after you clean. In the USA I think they are used to have a better maintenance.
They also said its a lot more difficult to satisfy the Mexican Client. They want it completely dry with any stain doesn't matter if it has 7 years that stain.
And the rich people here it's use to say something and you need to just say yes and obey it's difficult to negotiate with them, they think they only have the true and know better. They don't give you another chance if you make a mistake.
In resume a lot of the rich people here it's prepotent.
That's why I prefer to charge really high or you are lost.
My working class Hispanic/Latino customers I clean for here are not picky at all. They do want "wall to wall" cleaning most times. But will help move heavy furniture. Even the women. But they don't argue rates and they are satisfied long as they see me do the same thing everywhere in each room. . Spray, then use wand on every inch.. they do watch. LOL But this is not California either.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I had in all this years three Mexicans employees that worked in carpet cleaning companies in the USA like Stanley steamer or coit, they had serious problems adjusting their work to Mexico because they said that the clients in the USA are easier than here the carpet are almost destroy when they call you with very heavy soil.
In Mexico the average client cleaned their carpet 6 or 7 years ago so it's extremely dirty, but they want it like new after you clean. In the USA I think they are used to have a better maintenance.
They also said its a lot more difficult to satisfy the Mexican Client. They want it completely dry with any stain doesn't matter if it has 7 years that stain.
And the rich people here it's use to say something and you need to just say yes and obey it's difficult to negotiate with them, they think they only have the true and know better. They don't give you another chance if you make a mistake.
In resume a lot of the rich people here it's prepotent.
That's why I prefer to charge really high or you are lost.
That pretty much sums it up, rich Mexicans from Mexico City are the most obnoxious people I've known in my life. They feel the world is here to serve them and after you do, they're not appreciative of you at all. That's what happens when you live in a city with a non existent middle class.

Reactions: MAU CORNEJO

MAU CORNEJO

Feb 1, 2012
ESTADO DE DE MEXICO
Real Name
MAURICIO CORNEJO
Business Location
United States
My working class Hispanic/Latino customers I clean for here are not picky at all. They do want "wall to wall" cleaning most times. But will help move heavy furniture. Even the women. But they don't argue rates and they are satisfied long as they see me do the same thing everywhere in each room. . Spray, then use wand on every inch.. they do watch. LOL But this is not California either.
Good, they been Americanized!! They respect your work and your company, here a lot of the rich people that it's my type of client they think that because they have money they could do, ask for anything or brake the law when ever they want, if they pay you for something you need to suffer to gain it.
And they are the most cheap with my employees, they give them less tip or nothing than the poor or middle class clients.
Also they are the ones who want more and more discounts and for them everything it's expensive.
So the strategy it's to try to be the best service here and charge really high.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Good, they been Americanized!! They respect your work and your company, here a lot of the rich people that it's my type of client they think that because they have money they could do, ask for anything or brake the law when ever they want, if they pay you for something you need to suffer to gain it.
And they are the most cheap with my employees, they give them less tip or nothing than the poor or middle class clients.
Also they are the ones who want more and more discounts and for them everything it's expensive.
I agree. the main ones I am referring too. Mostly speak broken English. Fairly settled in here though.maybe a year or 2 . Making good money, working construction mainly. They spend money like crazy though . CASH almost always!!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Business is hard as it is, why business owners insist on complicating it further is beyond me.
Yep the only extra charge that I mention to usually tire kickers is set up fee on third floor or where porty has to be used. $75 pluis Sq Ft take it ort leave it. Surprisingly, I close at least 60% of those jobs.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Call me I'll give yuo my cousin's info. he'll make sure you don't get bullied by those pricks.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
What are special items you guys charge for? We have a $25 charge if we need to bring our own water. We have a 35 gallon water tank in the van. We also charge $25 if we need to use our Generator if the house has no power. Just wanting to get other ideas to make sure we are not missing out.
Are you worried you aren't charging enough?

Like Mike said incorporate that into the price assuming your doing walk through so first.

It's rare a customer asks me why a price is such and such. If a customer is sincerely asking for a price break down then I'll give them one.

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
Mike, Maybe we don't give ourselves enough credit, but we struggle here in Florida with cheap and uninsured labor. I know it is everywhere and we do work to separate ourselves. The generator and water is not a profit center for me. I just wanted to recoup my cost. Maybe it should be?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Mike, Maybe we don't give ourselves enough credit, but we struggle here in Florida with cheap and uninsured labor. I know it is everywhere and we do work to separate ourselves. The generator and water is not a profit center for me. I just wanted to recoup my cost. Maybe it should be?
Yep..Florida is Not Northern Cal.

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
I have a 3 tier price system that i usually dont discuss with client. Light, heavy and yuppy. $33/$46/$59 room yuppys pay for full service blue collar doesnt wanna pay for. But i do make a distinct charge for excessive conditions. If i have a regualr client (like realtors) who notice price difference i tell them my pricing is tiered based on. Conditions, labor and costs.

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
But charging for power??? Are u using a porty? I think charging for water and power is ridiculous. At least were i live. If your profit margins are so slim u feel the need to charge for those common things you might consider increasing your prices to make healthy profit on most jobs and a lil profit on all.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
But charging for power??? Are u using a porty? I think charging for water and power is ridiculous. At least were i live. If your profit margins are so slim u feel the need to charge for those common things you might consider increasing your prices to make healthy profit on most jobs and a lil profit on all.
He's pulling our Chains...

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
This is for cleaning only, not carpets. Cleaning a house does take more time with out power or water. For carpets we use a truckmount and is included in the price.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
This is for cleaning only, not carpets. Cleaning a house does take more time with out power or water. For carpets we use a truckmount and is included in the price.
Unless it Midnight with NO MOON?

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Id charge for every little thing if theres no power or water there. Makes things alot more difficult. I dont blame you.....Id even charge a "a gotta travel to take a dump charge" on their a$$es.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Id charge for every little thing if theres no power or water there. Makes things alot more difficult. I dont blame you.....Id even charge a "a gotta travel to take a dump charge" on their a$$es.
Silly Gooses..Just tell them Up Front..You need Power On..No Brainer..They'll get the POWER ON.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Silly Gooses..Just tell them Up Front..You need Power On..No Brainer..They'll get the POWER ON.
Sometimes there is no option. Nobody wants to spring for the power. Once a dude called me up and asked about a job. Said the home was winterized and vacant but hed "get me water".........Was in a rural area and he didnt show and I woulda had to drive and ask a neighbor. I took off and when he called I told him to lose my number.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Sometimes there is no option. Nobody wants to spring for the power. Once a dude called me up and asked about a job. Said the home was winterized and vacant but hed "get me water".........Was in a rural area and he didnt show and I woulda had to drive and ask a neighbor. I took off and when he called I told him to lose my number.
Yes Ed..That Crap does happen..But without the afore mentioned as I said..That will at least minimize it..Tip..Buy a Truckmount..With water tanks..ISSUE SOLVED!

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Yes Ed..That Crap does happen..But without the afore mentioned as I said..That will at least minimize it..Tip..Buy a Truckmount..With water tanks..ISSUE SOLVED!
I have a 55gal tank. id guess I woulda needed another 50.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have a 55gal tank. id guess I woulda needed another 50.
Get a Hundred gallon Ed..Filler R Up..Can do a minimum of three jobs or more on average, Myself not a 'FLOW' Tripper as some here are. To Me..the less is better..Why wake up the DEAD Chit below? I ran 250 to 300 PSI MAX!