Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
I have two Questions

Poll; Which machine is best?
I prefer a machine that has many purposes but wood specifically.

also; what products and procedures do you use to TEST clean. I have test cleaned floors before just to find that the area i tested had no heavy coating and other areas started to "snake skin" when cleaned causing me to do 3x the work quoted. I have used high alk flex citrus to test however heat water alone will make may worn coatings peel.

Stripping seem to be a very messy and time consuming process.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Not much money to be made cleaning hardwood. You would make more money doing a buff and recoat.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Not much money to be made cleaning hardwood. You would make more money doing a buff and recoat.
Are you sure?
That was 20 minutes quick wash . I hope you can see the difference, because I got paid for that. I can provide 40 pictures easily, where wash only made a huge difference. In some cases I had to use stronger product first and then neutralize it, but ...
What do you mean by buff and recoat.
( use of red pad?)
Maybe I'm missing something ..

Attachments

Reactions: J20770

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I meant to say there are three things you can do with wood floors: clean, recoat, or refinish. Clean and recoat are easy for carpet cleaners. Refinish should be done by floor guy.

To recoat, you use red pad with 220 screen to scuff up the finish. Then you recoat with a brand new finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
This is Bona Semigloss recoat
I use Basic coatings products for years and I vouch for the quality. I decided to stop using 175 completely long time ago when I limit my self to providing 5 types of services and I kept only small orbiter for stairs agitation . The heaviest tool I have is a 47 lbs CRB. You, younger guys go ahead and enjoy your vitality and strength.
P.S. I was told that flooring was 70 years old. I love old school quality.

Attachments

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I use Basic coatings products for years and I vouch for the quality. I decided to stop using 175 completely long time ago when I limit my self to providing 5 types of services and I kept only small orbiter for stairs agitation . The heaviest tool I have is a 47 lbs CRB. You, younger guys go ahead and enjoy your vitality and strength.
P.S. I was told that flooring was 70 years old. I love old school quality.
How are you scuffing the floor? Just red pad?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I meant to say there are three things you can do with wood floors: clean, recoat, or refinish. Clean and recoat are easy for carpet cleaners. Refinish should be done by floor guy.

To recoat, you use red pad with 220 screen to scuff up the finish. Then you recoat with a brand new finish.
For your re-coat method...you really need to do some research in the Basic Tycoat/Streetshoe method. No screening needed