Adding chemical injection to a truckmount | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Adding chemical injection to a truckmount

Madenman

Oct 12, 2016
Real Name
Robert Cotton
I currently have a truckmount that does not have a chemical injection system and I’m looking to add one any recommendations or tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Venturi would be the easiest setup. Problem is manufacturers have flows at GPh and venturi is flow based. What truckmount do you have?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The old hydramaster system was the most even with the electric float and solenoid that injected as it filled. The problem was the float failing way before the rated duty cycles. Honestly, a 12v old school mercury rule switch used upside down beat the brakes off their floats. This was back when you could actually call Super Dennis and order parts from them directly, they don't do that anymore.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Why if you have a tank?
Without question dosing the tank is simpler and ultimately uses less chemicals on the rinse portion. The pump sees lubrication from start to finish and everything in the water system if on the soft water side to begin with has a better lifespan and reduced operating cost. Don't listen to us old bastards though, just say "ok boomer ".

Reactions: Chris Henry

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
what Jim said just pour it into your water tank...
also Flex Ice is a acid rinse and not supposed to hurt pump it actually says it will help your pump.

however if you want to get an injection you have to get a
PULSE PUMP which is DOWNSTREAM injection(after the pump)
the others dont work well....

also make them for general pumps.....

took my Cat pump dealer and I weeks to figure out how to hook it up...

HERES A DIAGRAM of the hook up....if your interested....

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
wow, just reverse from my thinking. On the last TM I had, I took the Chem/system off!

Reactions: OneBlueSummer