- Jul 8, 2020
- Real Name
- Sanis Sanis
You said :Adding another tool to the tool box is never a bad thing The Eco17 is a good machine, I have the orbot vibe, a 15inch CRB a challenger OP a 175 and even the little oreck orbital in addition to my TM.
VLM cleaning has been around for a long time and is/has been growing in popularity for awhile now regardless of what we think.
One can choose to learn it and join in or not, the choice is ours to make individually.
I chose to join in on VLM cleaning and have done various methods and variations of it
When done right both HWE and VLM work, we come across different situations all the time
Personally I like to have more options other then just HWE everything all the time.
Having the equipment I have allows me to get creative sometimes, i can mix and match
Sometimes after doing HWE i'll roll in my vibe or challenger and throw a microfiber or cotton pad and go over everything again real quick, this will pull more moisture and soil out and improve overall appearance some as well as allow faster dry times.
Sometimes I'll VLM with the CRB then use the vibe or challenger to finish up
Sometimes i'll VLM with the CRB then use the TM for a quick rinse and extract..The variations of what i can do are many
I can accommodate what ever the customer wants.
I have one VLM only cleaner in my area that i know of, he gets a good amount of work and i have had people call me and ask if I do low moisture cleaning, If i say no sorry i don't do that and that's what they want then that's a job i would normally lose
but i don't as i can say yes i do that as well as HWE
Once at the customers home ( and i'm only there because i said i do VLM) and i see the carpet and the condition i can then explain the methods without getting to technical and recommend what i think is best for them at that time. 80% of the time they go for HWE the other 20% get some form of VLM
One thing i always try not to do is knock any method, I can't as i do them all.
The VLM only cleaner in my area trashes HWE all the time, he has to, he has no choice i guess.
Whats he suppose to do tell his customers that HWE is actually better but i couldn't afford to by a TM so i do it this way instead
“i have had people call me and ask if I do low moisture cleaning, If i say no sorry i don't do that and that's what they want then that's a job i would normally lose”
The customers are asking for “low moisture“ cleaning • not VLM cleaning.
• • • answer : yes • we provide the absolute best of both worlds. Hot Water Extraction & low moisture.
• • then make darn sure you leave the client’s job as dry
• • if that’s not what almost always happens anyway
( it’s kinda why I’m lookin at new cuffs ), then it might be too wet <—— bad for urine / brown-yellow out / wicking / etc. , most importantly, PO’d clients.
Another huge advantage to this “segway“ answer is that you get to trash the VLM “trash talker“ • • • indirectly & independent of having to mention anyone in particular • • • you get to explain the deficiencies of • ONLY • throwing sawdust down then hoping to get a good % out before having to proclaim the rest will “help” you • • •
“keep cleaning every time you vacuum”
TM’s should produce t results necessary to achieve close results to VLM ( even if additional steps like post CRB <——- ( good idea anyway ), are required ).