adding a rinse

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
Its possible you could use a hydro force type sprayer in line. But just replace the sprayer with the solution line. I've heard of other people doing this to meter Chems, haven't done it myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TMF Forums mobile app

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
Its possible you could use a hydro force type sprayer in line. But just replace the sprayer with the solution line. I've heard of other people doing this to meter Chems, haven't done it myself

Brian you have to let me know how your rinse works with your escape. I can't get mine to draw from jug when triggering wand at 400psi. It works fine when filling but after that the ball doesn't move at all, and with auto fill it is constantly topping itself off so after the initial fill it just keeps diluting the rinse that is in the tank...Does that make sense?

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
Brian you have to let me know how your rinse works with your escape. I can't get mine to draw from jug when triggering wand at 400psi. It works fine when filling but after that the ball doesn't move at all, and with auto fill it is constantly topping itself off so after the initial fill it just keeps diluting the rinse that is in the tank...Does that make sense?

Hmm yea ill have to check that out.. when you are doing the initial fill and the chem is metering can you slow the fill by lifting the float and get a better idea what's happening? Btw man vans been broken down most of the week. Hah man we would be a good team you got the breaking machine and I got the breaking van

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
Hmm yea ill have to check that out.. when you are doing the initial fill and the chem is metering can you slow the fill by lifting the float and get a better idea what's happening? Btw man vans been broken down most of the week. Hah man we would be a good team you got the breaking machine and I got the breaking van

Yeah I've tried adjusting the float but that didn't do anything but change the water level.
If I push the float down and initiate filling it meters... Even when the tank is full. If I stand at the machine and connect a tool and trigger it at 400psi I get nothing metered back into the tank but fresh water is being put back in... So you are forever diluting your rinse that was put in the tank on the first fill.

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I use white lightning in my rinse. I was in the IICRC class and the instructor made a case for using a detergent for a rinse agent instead of the neutralizer.

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
This thread has turned into a which prespray to use and no one has addressed the OP's question. I also have a CFX. For those that are not familiar with it a Rotovac CFX is an extractor the size of an oversized briefcase that weighs in at under 40 lbs. It has an auto pump out for waste water but does not have a pump for the solution hose. This means that if you want to use your CFX on a job you must use an adapter to hook directly to the customers water faucet. The solution hose runs directly from the faucet to the 360i or whatever you are using. There is no way that I know of to introduce a rinsing agent into that solution line. If anyone knows of a way this is what the OP is asking. I am not convinced that just spraying on a rinse after you are finished cleaning provides the same benefits as introducing it to your solution hose. Hope that helps and hopefully someone has thought of a solution for this problem.
You have a CFX, I'm sorry. I had one for two years and it blew. There is now way for a CFX to introduce a rinse agent for a cleaning job since it has no fresh water tank. CFX is an expensive ($2k+) extractor with little to no features besides auto pump out. Its only feature besides APO is that it is small and light.

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
You have a CFX, I'm sorry. I had one for two years and it blew. There is now way for a CFX to introduce a rinse agent for a cleaning job since it has no fresh water tank. CFX is an expensive ($2k+) extractor with little to no features besides auto pump out. Its only feature besides APO is that it is small and light.
Why do you need a tank? A hydroforce has a metering valve. Just put it inline

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
Why do you need a tank? A hydroforce has a metering valve. Just put it inline

I use a hydroforce for applying prespray. After the extraction, especially with a CFX the last thing I want to do is add more moisture to the carpet.