keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you use a battery combiner, your van will always keep your TM battery charged between jobs. Some TM's can't keep up a freshwater pump and an inverter and a combiner handles that. I've used this bulletproof one for 8 years, this is a solid piece of equipment.

I need one of those on my trailer to keep the deep cycle charged. What guage are the cables?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
If you use a battery combiner, your van will always keep your TM battery charged between jobs. Some TM's can't keep up a freshwater pump and an inverter and a combiner handles that. I've used this bulletproof one for 8 years, this is a solid piece of equipment.

Is there anything you don’t know Jim??
:)

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
I have an inverter connected to my 570 to power my RO/DI unit. It takes much less power than a pumpout. I have a battery isolator as well so when I start the van it charges the 570 battery. It has a button on it that when pushed will connect both batteries. I can jump start my van from the 570 battery if needed or jump/charge the 570 battery. Win/win. I went with a big optima so even if it couldnt quote keep up it will be a long time before the battery is low.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I need one of those on my trailer to keep the deep cycle charged. What guage are the cables?
I believe they are 10 and if you use a long run go with 8. For my trailer I tapped into the 12v power already on the 7 way trailer plug (Fords sometimes need just the maxi fuse installed under the hood to activate the 12v). On the trailer side I used small protected winch style connections for no suicide cord since both sides are always hot with the combiner on the trailer side. Every time you hitch up you have the ability to charge if you want to, it's handier than a shirt pocket.

Reactions: keep it clean

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have an inverter connected to my 570 to power my RO/DI unit. It takes much less power than a pumpout. I have a battery isolator as well so when I start the van it charges the 570 battery. It has a button on it that when pushed will connect both batteries. I can jump start my van from the 570 battery if needed or jump/charge the 570 battery. Win/win. I went with a big optima so even if it couldnt quote keep up it will be a long time before the battery is low.
Nice setup!

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I think I wanna build one of Bob’s APO and get a power inverter to power it.
Does anyone have a power inverter connected to their gas/diesel powered TM’s battery as opposed to being connected to your Van’s battery?
I am thinking that if I am gonna use this APO while cleaning, then having the power inverter connected to my gas TM’s battery makes more sense than having it connected to the van’s battery and avoid the possibility of draining it.
Am I wrong?
What vehicle?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Something's going on with the machine. I have a similar unit with the same tank and I can clean about 8-10 rooms before having to dump.

You might think of a larger tank, in my opinion a pumpout is a waste of money. They work good for 6 months and then they start breaking down every couple weeks. After a year you will pull it off and toss it.

I cant say I agree on the lifespan on a pump out.

Im going on 3 years with my home made version, It has never given me any problems at all what so ever.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
and where do you plug it in?

I think anyone that comes up with a decent truckmount carpet cleaning pumpout could make a killing. Curious to see what Rob comes up with...
I need to reach out to Rob and sell him my design

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have the BEST APO - period.

It has performed flawlessly for 10 years, being able to work every day for a year, with NO ATTENTION to the APO filter. After a year, you might have to rinse out the filter.

Can anyone else claim this???

This is the biggest time saver when dual wanding every day.

I can!!

I dont even have a filter!

Mine works so good, doesnt require placing a pump inside the tank, it wont clog and it just look cool too! and No Rust, No power inverters.

I built mine and it looks like it was made for my saphire. its a plug N play looks stock

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I can!!

I dont even have a filter!

Mine works so good, doesnt require placing a pump inside the tank, it wont clog and it just look cool too! and No Rust, No power inverters.

I built mine and it looks like it was made for my saphire. its a plug N play looks stock
Any photos you can share?

Reactions: Allied and Luky