Acupuncture | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Acupuncture

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I've been thinking of trying acupuncture for some tendon pains I get in my elbows forearms and shoulders.

I recently took up guitar, and get a lesson each week, and try to practice an hour a day, and I'm feeling it in those areas.

About 10 years ago, I had a bad bout with tennis elbow from excessive dish network remote control workout (no joke, lol) and I had to learn to write, eat and drink coffee with my left arm till it healed about 6 months later.
I still have slight sensitivities in that elbow, and I'm always cognizant of repetitive motions that can irritate it.

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
I've been thinking of trying acupuncture for some tendon pains I get in my elbows forearms and shoulders.

I recently took up guitar, and get a lesson each week, and try to practice an hour a day, and I'm feeling it in those areas.

About 10 years ago, I had a bad bout with tennis elbow from excessive dish network remote control workout (no joke, lol) and I had to learn to write, eat and drink coffee with my left arm till it healed about 6 months later.
I still have slight sensitivities in that elbow, and I'm always cognizant of repetitive motions that can irritate it.
Hi Ron, Coincidentally, 10 years ago, I had this awful pinched nerve. Someone suggested acupuncture to me, so I went to their acupuncture guru and tried it for one visit. Laying on that table with those pins stuck in me for what must have been a half hour was horrible. I left hating it and never went back. It did nothing for me. Later on after that, I started swimming alot, and that healed the pinched nerve completely. Best to you! :)

Reactions: Gavin

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States

I've tried it and it helped a bit.... Got a little expensive, so I stopped... It can be very effective for some... Give it a try

Reactions: ronman

Clean&Jerk

User
Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Carpet Cleaner

Get a golf ball and roll it on your forearms and shoulders.
Don't do it on your elbow if its the bone that hurts.

It's called myofacial release

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I'll try it.
My elbow pain is generally in the tendon that you can feel with your fingers.
Actually, the laptop computer is the thing that aggravates it the most.
All the heavy work we do in our business, cleaning, lifting, carrying buckets of water etc, don't give me as much problem as the simple typing and using the mouse pad of my laptop. Go figure.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I had acupuncture early last year I think I had 5 treatments in 4 months. It really helped the arthritis in my neck. I need to set up another treatment soon. I was pain free for almost a year. I've been going to a chiropractor as well for the last several years 10-12 times a year. After the acupuncture I didn't even see the chiropractor but two times in a year. I have really good insurance so the acupuncture is like $10.00 a visit.