Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
After further testing this is the official stat report for the AH7300-S from my tests:

Actual power consumption: 2250 watts for both cords combined + apo on

Actual lift: between 200-210
Actual cfm: 132

Mytee's stats on their website for the 7300-S reflect using the 3 stage HP motors which they dont use anymore for the Series hog. The use the low amp versions which are less powerful.

Shame on you Mytee! Tsk tsk

I'm going to see if I can add a booster like the air 22 to the exhaust ports but I don't know if they can handle this.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
After further testing this is the official stat report for the AH7300-S from my tests:

Mytee's stats on their website for the 7300-S reflect using the 3 stage HP motors which they dont use anymore for the Series hog. The use the low amp versions which are less powerful.

I'm going to see if I can add a booster like the air 22 to the exhaust ports but I don't know if they can handle this.

Jim which vacuum motor are they using? and why would they go to using a less powerful
vacuum motors. Less amps ?

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Jim which vacuum motor are they using? and why would they go to using a less powerful
vacuum motors. Less amps ?
It's their electrolux 3-stage 302la which makes me wonder if the AH7300-S can handle a boost at the exhaust port. That would be 3 in a series and about 250" which might implode the case and/or fry the middle vac motor. The AH7300S has an exhaust port with a cufflynx on as if Mytee supports adding an exhaust booster...

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
It's their electrolux 3-stage 302la which makes me wonder if the AH7300-S can handle a boost at the exhaust port. That would be 3 in a series and about 250" which might implode the case and/or fry the middle vac motor. The AH7300S has an exhaust port with a cufflynx on as if Mytee supports adding an exhaust booster...

I'm assuming less amps but there is a tradeoff

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}

Am i missing something .... Mytee only claim 115cfm , so you actually measured more that . And the small difference in lift could be due to atmospheric pressure differences ?

http://www.mytee.com/products/7300-s-air-hog-plus-vacuum-booster/#.Ui0AWn9GrMw

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Is this an air series power booster or an air parallel (Air Hog)?
I sort of remember they came out with a new air series booster
with 2 new 3 stages that can run on one 20 amp circuit. Have I got
this right?

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Am i missing something .... Mytee only claim 115cfm , so you actually measured more that . And the small difference in lift could be due to atmospheric pressure differences ?

http://www.mytee.com/products/7300-s-air-hog-plus-vacuum-booster/#.Ui0AWn9GrMw
Thats 130 combined cfm. the HP motors will get 150 combined. Lift fluctuates on my tests between 200-210. I'm going to call Mytee tomorrow & see if the AH7300S can handle a modest exhaust booster like the Air 22

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Thats 130 combined cfm. the HP motors will get 150 combined. Lift fluctuates on my tests between 200-210. I'm going to call Mytee tomorrow & see if the AH7300S can handle a modest exhaust booster like the Air 22

But the specs in the link say 115 for the booster , both motors combined in series , where do u see 150 mentioned
doubt if any two three stages in series actually make 150 .

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
But the specs in the link say 115 for the booster , both motors combined in series , where do u see 150 mentioned
doubt if any two three stages in series actually make 150 .
Go to Mytees website for the 7300S. Yes they do - all day long. 2 302HP motors combine for 150 cfm in a series config. You always (as long as you config correctly) get a modest cfm boost when adding 2 vac motors in a series because of the accelerated air flow from the additional lift.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Actually Jim the link that you gave us does say 115 cfms and like 225" lift.This is likely
their most powerful 084 3 stage vac motors setup in series. Perhaps the new Air 23 with
the low amp 3 stages will have greater cfms but lower lift. As I understand it the new one
will run on one cord. Must be similar to Lamb Ametek's 1161665 which had a maximum
amp draw of 10.4 amps but of course less than that when under load. I have heard of older
Recoils running 2 of these vac motors on one cord or one 20 amp circuit.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Go to Mytees website for the 7300S. Yes they do - all day long. 2 302HP motors combine for 150 cfm in a series config. You always (as long as you config correctly) get a modest cfm boost when adding 2 vac motors in a series because of the accelerated air flow from the additional lift.

Yes you do get a modest increase in cfms when adding a vacuum motor in series. And your
operating lift is higher as well. So more lift and more cfms.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Jim, my AHP series with about 45 hrs of use has gained some cfm. when I initially checked it in December last year it was reading 142-142 cfm and 16.2" lift (220" wc). it's reading 148-153 cfm on my extexk now with the same lift.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Those who have posted series test results for the Ametek 8.4 , Larry Cobb for example claimed 120" and 141cfm combined . Thats for two high airflow two stages (145cfm each ) . It is then hard to believe that two 115cfm three stages can somehow make 150cfm in series .

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Those who have posted series test results for the Ametek 8.4 , Larry Cobb for example claimed 120" and 141cfm combined . Thats for two high airflow two stages (145cfm each ) . It is then hard to believe that two 115cfm three stages can somehow make 150cfm in series .
Testing I read 8.4s 130" lift and 140 CFM tops per motor. Three 8.4s all tested the same.
Tested at the motor and at the 2 inch port at the recovery motor like 99% of the manufacturers . Pumptec lift gauge and Extech wind vane meter.
I have already posted videos of such. Need more videos from end users otherwise it is all hearsay and misleading IMO.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Testing I read 8.4s 130" lift and 140 CFM tops per motor. Three 8.4s all tested the same.
Tested at the motor and at the 2 inch port at the recovery motor like 99% of the manufacturers . Pumptec lift gauge and Extech wind vane meter.
I have already posted videos of such. Need more videos from end users otherwise it is all hearsay and misleading IMO.
Indeed , Actually in the above i meant 220" and 141 cfm ( the breeze) ... my edit button appears missing :rolleyes:

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Indeed , Actually in the above i meant 220" and 141 cfm ( the breeze) ... my edit button appears missing :rolleyes:
Cobb tests his equipment like none others. ;) Hmm
Mytee use a gauge intended for fluid not air flow in testing CFM. :confused: Hmm .

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
When adding vacs in a series a modest cfm gain is only logical. The vacuum port is sucking with more force with an increase in air velocity. You are limited to just one 2" port vs 2 as in parallel bringing air in but none the less the rate at which air is coming in is improved. Also studies show that the additional lift will help maintain cfm besides increasing it slightly.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
When adding vacs in a series a modest cfm gain is only logical. The vacuum port is sucking with more force with an increase in air velocity. You are limited to just one 2" port vs 2 as in parallel bringing air in but none the less the rate at which air is coming in is improved. Also studies show that the additional lift will help maintain cfm besides increasing it slightly.

As far as Larrys test where 2 141cfm vacs in a series= no cfm gain I don't know. It doesn't sound right unless there is a wall you hit when pushing air through one 2" port