Acid Stain Mistake

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
Hello Everyone,

So, I helped my brother-in-law stain his concrete floor. We purchased Kemiko brand wash, stain, sealer, and wax.

After preparing the floor (on my knees scrubbing concrete) we applied the acid stain and let it dry. Once dry we washed off the residue (more on my knees scrubbing.)

While I was at work today he decided to "seal" the floor with the sealer. What he actually did was apply the wax (by accident) to the floor.

Kemiko offers a wax stripper product, but will it remove the wax from an unsealed concrete surface?

We bought some and are going to try it out (nothing to lose at this point) just thought I would see what you guys thought.

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
Hello Everyone,

So, I helped my brother-in-law stain his concrete floor. We purchased Kemiko brand wash, stain, sealer, and wax.

After preparing the floor (on my knees scrubbing concrete) we applied the acid stain and let it dry. Once dry we washed off the residue (more on my knees scrubbing.)

While I was at work today he decided to "seal" the floor with the sealer. What he actually did was apply the wax (by accident) to the floor.

Kemiko offers a wax stripper product, but will it remove the wax from an unsealed concrete surface?
acid staining san antonio
We bought some and are going to try it out (nothing to lose at this point) just thought I would see what you guys thought.
thanks in advance for any help